New DVD next week

PETERNG
PETERNG Posts: 918
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
I am looking forward to buy the "Godfather" collection on DVD next week, I've been waiting for this new release for a longtime. All 3 movies are recorded on 5.1 track, cool... Has anyone seen the "Mummy Returns" on DVD yet, please provide comments(should I buy this DVD?). Thanx..
Post edited by PETERNG on

Comments

• mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited October 2001
    ...the mummy returns isn't worth the money.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2001
    Mummy Returns was awesome, the DD soundtrack will give any HT system a very good work. Lots of Bass. The movie is pretty dark but if your moniter has good black levels it shouldn't bother you much. It has lots of extras including some funny outtakes. Tons of action, it is a must buy. This movie is what HT is all about. LATER:cool:
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited October 2001
    ...90% of the bonus materials that disc is marketing stuff. i'll agree that the audio and video were rather impressive, but the movie wasn't all that good. either way, why buy the collectors edition when you'll be able to pick up the ultimate edition three months down the road?
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2001
    I enjoyed it and found it worthy of a purchase. Not as good as the first by any length and it was way over-kill on the CGI, but stiil and enjoyale movie if nothing more than for the chick fight scenes.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited October 2001
    It's got "chick fight scenes"?

Damn. I am there. I guess I'll have to see it. :D

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited October 2001
    Why the hell haven't they released a special edition of Goodfellas?

~JB
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2001
    I just saw on the tv that "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" will be released TOMORROW. I hope they don't mess it up too much. I really like the original. The one with Marilyn Chambers in it.

Micah, I actually owned one of those Ivory Snow boxes. That was in another life.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Originally posted by George Grand
    I just saw on the tv that "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" will be released TOMORROW. I hope they don't mess it up too much. I really like the original. The one with Marilyn Chambers in it.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

Was she make this one in ...Dallas?:D
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2001
    I am going to pick up Snow White today and I will let ya know how it is. LATER:D