FS: Meridian 563 D/A Converter

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited May 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Factory updated from original 18 bit dacs to dual 20 bit. 256 X Oversampling (not a typo). Stereophile Class-B in 1996, uses the Crystal CD4328 chip.

It has both RCA and XLR outputs, 3 S/PDIF Coaxial inputs, 1 TOSLINK input, and 1 AES/EBU input. One can invert absolute phase of the signal by a switch on the front of the unit.

MSRP $1395, $OLD starchaser
This IS high end. I don't require, but would request first right of refusal, when / if the new owner decides to part with it.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• maxima
    maxima Posts: 143
    edited May 2006
    Russ,

I am interested in this piece. What are the differences in this piece compared to the DACS in my Toshiba SD6200 or my Panasonic CP-72? Is it a night and day comparison. Thanks,

Eric
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    If it isn't night and day (obvious) - you need a different hobby.

The transport is also important, but a quality dig cable (I prefer Coax), and a well built D/A - can make a lot of mediocre players sound great.

In short, if the Meridian isn't a jaw dropper, nothing else will be.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2006
    Should Maxima pass, I'm all in Russ.
    pm sent
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • maxima
    maxima Posts: 143
    edited May 2006
    Russ,

I would like to try this but I'm gonna have to pass for now. Starchaser, enjoy it, it looks like a real nice piece of gear.

Eric
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited May 2006
    Russ, do you think I'll notice a big improvement with the Meridian compared to the Assemblage I bought from you?
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    It's 'the next level', for lack of a better term, more liquid and spatial.

Starchaser is up to bat, I'll pm you when I get back home in a hour or two.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    I wish someone would buy this. I've got the strong itch, starting to get the fever. With starchaser in the batter's box, if he wiffs. I'd like to get to bat. :D
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    edited May 2006
    It's headed to Poppa Ted's little bro, starchaser.

Watch this dude, he's starting to get his hifi on.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2006
    Hell yeah he is....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2006
    As long as he stays away from the demon rum, he'll be allright ;)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2006
    Double Edit...While I type 65wpm my comprehension is rather low... though perserverance (sp?) is high.

Looking forward to this Russ.

As for IPOD's, dead on Steve.. i'll sing campfire songs and blow on my harmonica.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited May 2006
    Way to go man. no IPOD's for this guy!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2006
    Damn straight...