Connectors on back of RT600i

Options
ralph76
ralph76 Posts: 36
What do they mean by the connectors being 5-Way? "Gold-plated 5-way binding post inputs"

Also I'm thinking of getting the audioquest Type II cables. Will those type of C-clamps fit???

http://www.audioquest.com/products/type2.html
Polk RT600i's
Polk C245i Center
Jbl surrounds (need to find F/X300s) info anyone???
Harmon Kardon AVR80
Sony Processor SDP-E800
Toshiba DVD SD-1200
Sony Minidisk MDS-JE320
Monster 400MKII Interconnects
--all protected by PANAMAX 1000+

Post edited by ralph76 on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2002
    Options
    5-way binding posts are the speaker connects.. but i'm sure you already knew that part. you are suppose to be able to hook up wire/connectors 5 different ways. 1. bare wire, 2, banana plugs, 3. spades, 4. lugs and i can't remember the last one. If you use banana plugs.. you have to remove the plastic black "cap" that covers the binding posts.. if your speakers are new, and they haven't been removed. I had trouble removing mine and had to resort to drastic measures. :lol:
    I use dual banana plugs on the back of my 800i's. works nice
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ralph76
    ralph76 Posts: 36
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by danger boy
    5-way binding posts are the speaker connects.. but i'm sure you already knew that part. you are suppose to be able to hook up wire/connectors 5 different ways. 1. bare wire, 2, banana plugs, 3. spades, 4. lugs and i can't remember the last one. If you use banana plugs.. you have to remove the plastic black "cap" that covers the binding posts.. if your speakers are new, and they haven't been removed. I had trouble removing mine and had to resort to drastic measures. :lol:
    I use dual banana plugs on the back of my 800i's. works nice

You forgot the 5th... awh comon, and i though you knew... :lol:
    just kidding, I noticed the caps, but i thought that was the design. You have a really nice setup....Im trying to get my hands on a pair of the F/X300s my self. Marantz RC2000mkII remote is the best.. I just had to get that...

What kind of Speaker wire you got running your 800i's? I still have my old ones Monster Navaho XP. I think i need to upgrade...

Thanks for the explanation....
    Polk RT600i's
    Polk C245i Center
    Jbl surrounds (need to find F/X300s) info anyone???
    Harmon Kardon AVR80
    Sony Processor SDP-E800
    Toshiba DVD SD-1200
    Sony Minidisk MDS-JE320
    Monster 400MKII Interconnects
    --all protected by PANAMAX 1000+