Selling Polk 2.3's

Options
gammajo
gammajo Posts: 43
edited May 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Polk SDA SRS 2.3 signature speakers
I am the original owner and have the original manuals and marketing materials. They have never been moved from my living room. They have been in a non-smoking environment. I still have the original tweeters, as well as the currently installed six months old upgraded Polk tweeters. All drivers, butyl surrounds and crossovers are perfect. I have the original SDA cord. I have never overdriven them and have used only high quality front ends with them. The oak wood caps are near perfect. There are some small pulls in the black fabric at the bottom front grills, not visible except in strong daylight from closer than a few feet. The grill fabric is easy to replace if desired.
I am dropping the price to $1,500 for these fabulous speakers to move them more quickly. I will not ship unless the buyer takes full responsibility for shipping cost and result. Their shipping weight was listed at 155 lbs. each. They are available for audition in my home. I am not an equipment seller, so I have no seller feedback but I treat my equipment with care. I am willing to drive a few hours to deliver. Thanks for your interest. I am more than happy to discuss any questions that you might have. Joe
gammajo
Post edited by gammajo on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2006
    Options
    pm'd
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Where in NC are you?
  • gammajo
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Western NC near Asheville which is two hours from Charolette NC, three from Atlanta GA and 2 from Knoxville TN.
    gammajo
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Nice speakers...!
  • gammajo
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Thanks. I am saddened at bit to part with them, but they do not work in current location which is front of a window and partially blocking a beautiful view - wife not happy with that.
    gammajo
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Get another wife!;)
    Carl

• gammajo
    edited May 2006
    Options
    LOL but No, she is the love and soul mate of my life - plus she OK'd getting $8,000 speakers as replacements with the statement that if it makes me happy, I deserve it. The Von Schweikert VR4Sr's were the first speakers I have heard that could even compete.
    gammajo
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Yup... I'd say she's a keeper...

Thanks for offering your Polks here...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited May 2006
    Options
  • riglehart
    riglehart Posts: 276
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I have a pair of 2.3 TL. What's with the top and bottom drivers on the outside. Looks like they have baffles on them like a passive. Mine don't have that?

Or is it just the photo playing tricks?
    Jolida Tube
    Polk 11T, 7, 5, 5jr, 4
    Standard equip not worth bragging about.
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2006
    Options
    No tricks just a different MW used in the 2.3's.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • gammajo
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Indeed thats what those two stock drivers look like in each speaker. They have a metal disc over the cone. Those particular drivers are called the bass line source woofers which I think help load the 15 inch sub bass radiator at the bottom.You are very observant:)
    Joe
    gammajo
  • Tour2ma
    edited May 2006
    Options
    ... and while it's a mind-eff, the four drivers are meant to be on the outside edges of the 2.3's...

This opposed to the 2.3tl's, where the sides with the 4 MW's are set up to be on the inside.

Just picked up on this myself a month or so ago in a thread discussing a pair of 2.3's on ebay.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• gammajo
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Ok folks, now they are getting to be a good deal! I am dropping the price to $1,500 in order to move them more quickly. I travel a lot and want to sell them while I am home between trips.
    Thanks
    Joe
    gammajo