Need matching help

Options
Bob Dunlop
Bob Dunlop Posts: 8
edited May 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Hi everyone my name is Bob and I live in Va.
Many years ago I bought the CS350LS center channel speaker and the LS F/X surrounds and the PSW150 sub but I never got around to buying a matching pair of front left and right speakers.I ran out of money and bought a set of JBL's that kinda looked like Polks LOL.Anyway all my Polk stuff is just like the day I bought it and now I want to buy Polk left and right fronts.What would be the ideal ones from the new catalogue.I was looking at the Monitor 70's cause they sound great and look cool but would they be a close match?
My receiver is a Pioneer VSX1015TX
thanks in advance ,Bob Dunlop
Mits 73835 73"
Pioneer SC-07
LS90's
2 pr. LS/FX
2 CS350 centers
Polk PSW200
Post edited by Bob Dunlop on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited May 2006
    Options
    LS series....LS50/ 70/ 90.

If you're mainly vintage, stay vintage. Don't worry about the new series if you can find some vintage compliment. Depending on the model, they aren't that rare.

P.S. Welcome to Polk Forum, but punch yourself in the nuts for buying JBL.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2006
    Options
    What Mark said. I'd even throw in the early RT series...8,12,16.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Bob Dunlop
    Bob Dunlop Posts: 8
    edited May 2006
    Options
    Hey dorousai,I used to live in the Woodbine /Lisbon area up near you!
    Anyway the JBL's were real cheap!LOL
    Idealy I would love to have a set of LS90's as those were the ones I had originally planned on buying but I don't see any for sale anymore.
    Is there anything in the new catalogue that would be close enough?Not asking for perfection because I understand that probably only the LS series would be a perfect match.
    Thanks ,Bob
    Mits 73835 73"
    Pioneer SC-07
    LS90's
    2 pr. LS/FX
    2 CS350 centers
    Polk PSW200
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2006
    Options
    I think the RTi series would be close, but don't give up on finding a pair of LS 90's or 70's so quickly.

There three pair of 90's on ebay this past April...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD