gidrah Posts: 3,049
edited October 2001 in Music & Movies
1. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
2. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
3. Buddy Rich - Big Swing Face
4. Ray Charles - Anthology
5. E.L.P. - Brain Salad Surgery
6. Frank Zappa - Wacka/Jawacka
7. Andres Segovia - The Segovia Collection (vol.9)
8. Metallica - Master of Puppets
9. The Music of Cole Porter - Jazz Piano Essentials
10. The Music of The Beatles - Across the Universe (London String & Studio Arts Orchestras)

Man it was great to go blow a bunch of money on music. I haven't done that in a long time. Some of these are the wife's picks.

You may have noticed that some of these are standards that should have already been in any respectable music lover's colection, well they were. Do NOT let any alcoholic family members move in with you. We learned the hard way and are missing about 125 CDs and a handful of movies. Then there's the cash, food, alcohol, fishing tackle, ... etc. that I won't go into.
Make it Funky! :)
Post edited by gidrah on

Comments

• CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your family problems. I have them too. My sister sold 2 pair of my Monitor 12 Series 2s, my Yamaha A-1 and a couple of others i a yard sale for probably $50 ouch. Not including a few grand she got out of me telling me see would pay me back with her settlement yeah right. I did replace my M12s over time and have 4 pair now and DD nd DTS replaced Prologic but man that A-1 was cool wit what it could do. Wish they would build a digital unit like it.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Gidrah,
    I am curious to know what you eventually think of Waka Jawaka, and Big Swing Face, especially if these are first time exposures to those. I feel that Aynsley Dunbar's drumming alone, is worth the price of admission.

Check out the snare drum roll on Love for Sale(after ALL the horn solos). It's only a couple seconds long, but the guy is a machine.

I'm at njgrand@bellatlantic.net

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)

Incidentally, Ernie Watts, one of the soloists on Norwegian Wood, turned up on The Grand Wazoo album, playing "Mystery Horn". The Grand Wazoo was kind of like the big band version of Waka Jawaka, which only had about 5 or 6 musicians aboard.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited October 2001
    Options
    you have 4 pair of monitor 12's?

scott:cool:
  • joelll
    joelll Posts: 120
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Yow...

*Four* pairs of Monitor 12 speakers? I stand in awe, with only a single pair of early M12's to my name (serial numbers 12-00323 and 12-00325).

Which versions of the speaker do you have?

joel