1Cs as center in surround

Options
Phil Dawson
Phil Dawson Posts: 288
edited September 2002 in Troubleshooting
I have a surround sysem using srs 1.2s in the front, 2.3s in the rear and a cs400 for the center. The center just doesn't make it as it only has 2 mid drivers and 1 tweeter and doesn't have the pressenece or sound to balance well with the 1.2s. My thought was that I could but a pair of 1Cs, put them side by side power them with a Mac 2100 running the same signal to each speaker and then put the TV on top. I need to know what kind of shielding issues I will have to deal with and how should I solve those problems. Or is this just a crazy idea?
Thanks, Phil
Post edited by Phil Dawson on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Wouldn't that put the TV a little too high up? Have you considered using either one or two SDA CRS's? I know some members use that set up and report they are happy with the results. As far as sheiding goes, if you don't place it right on top of the TV I think you'll be ok, but one of those guys could help better than me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Phil,

The 1C's are 44 inches tall. Like F1nut, I'm thinking thats a little too tall. Of course, I don't know what kind of TV you are using.

I'd try a pair of CRS+'s first.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • VinnyP61
    VinnyP61 Posts: 28
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hi Phil I was just wondering are the Kicker for the Cleveland Browns?