PSW650 SOLD, SVS Ordered!!!

Options
I sold my PSW650 to Jimmie on this forum (GREAT GUY), and I placed my order for my SVS Sub today!

I called SVS and spoke to Eric, and we chatted about which one would be best for my setup. I initially wanted the 16-46 PC+, and he was asking about the size of my room, etc, and I told him it's a fairly large area, and he recommended the 20-39 PC+.

So I listened and placed the order for the 20-39 PC+

He said it would be about 2 weeks before it ships, so since I will be shipping my PSW650 tomorrow to Jimmie, I won't have anything until my SVS comes. Oh well, the Klipsch will just have to pick up the load until it gets hear.

Man I can't wait!!!!! I've heard the 20-39 PCi sub, and it sounded amazing, I can't imagine the PC+

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, SVS HEAVEN! :)
Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)
Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)
SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwoofer
Harman Kardon AVR-520
Mitsubishi WS-65869 Widescreen TV
Denon DVD 1600
Sony DVD DVP-S530D
Post edited by Orange Peel on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Scott:

My 20-39PC+ will be arriving in my hot hands tomorrow. It is currently enroute from Ohio via UPS Ground. I'll post a full review with pics this weekend.

Suffice it to say, in my HT room (roughly 18x12x8 with limited openings to other rooms) this sub should produce prodigious amounts of clean, deep, reference level bass. I'm very psyched!

You think you got it bad with a 2-3 week delay? I have suffered almost 3 MONTHS with makeshift subs. They sound good, but they don't play loud enough and are only flat to about 35 Hz. I can't wait for the REAL DEAL!

BTW, a good choice on the 20-39 vs. the 16-46. In a typical non-anechoic HT room with boundary reinforcement, you will actually see a -3dB point of about 16 Hz with the 20-39 size enclosure even with no port plug. Not much reason to go any deeper!

My settings will be: subsonic filter at 15 Hz, no port plug, crossover disabled, auto on, one (or two) sub cable to the Left/Right line level inputs, sub gain at the receiver set at -3, and all preliminary SPL adjusting done with the sub amp volume control.

I recommend the same setting for you, but you COULD plug one of the ports and go a little deeper and set your SS filter to 12 Hz. I see little benefit in this.

I asked Tom V about a Y splitter because I'm using one now on my Harman/Kardon sub amp, and he said either one or two sub cables will work and there will be no difference in sound quality, only more volume for any given setting. He said a Y splitter with two cables connected will have the same effect as doubling the sub gain at the receiver.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Orange Peel
    Orange Peel Posts: 53
    edited September 2002
    Options
    PLEASE do post that review, I'm dying to know how this sub performs.

Atleast you have subs to use while you wait, I don't have one anymore, now I just have the towers woofers making all the noise they can, not a lot by the way :(

Yeah Eric at SVS was saying if I want to go deeper, I can use the port plugs and mess with it until I like it, I will probably just leave it be and lose my hearing :)

I'll try those settings when it gets here and let you know how I like them. I really need to get that SPL meter!

I'll probably just use my Monster Cable Monsterbass 400 cable and put the y-adapter on the end and plug it into the "L/R" input on the sub, I liked that setting MUCH better on the PSW650, so I'm sure it will be the same for the SVS.

Please post some pics and your comments for me when you get it, I need a fix :):)
    Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
    Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
    Harman Kardon AVR-520
    Denon DVD 1600
    Sony DVD DVP-S530D
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited September 2002
    Options
    i used the ar sub cabble and it is allmost 50 ft and works great
  • tpeter
    tpeter Posts: 65
    edited October 2002
    Options
    HEy how much did you get for your PSW650 sub? Im on this SVS kick myself.
    Also with that 20-39 PC+. you dont have to buiy any of those amps they sell?
    Polk LSi 15
    Polk LSi/C
    Polk LSi/FX
    SVS Ultra
    SVS PB3000
    Monolith 15 THX
    Denon 3700h "switching to Onkyo rz50"
    Monolith 7 AMP.
  • Orange Peel
    Orange Peel Posts: 53
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I sold it for $425 shipped, shipping was about $50, so I got a decent price for it.

The PC+ series has it own amp bolted to the side, 525 BASH amp.
    Scott Goldsmith

Home Theatre:
    Klipsch RC-3 (Center)
    Harman Kardon AVR-520
    Denon DVD 1600
    Sony DVD DVP-S530D