Carver Amazing Platinum on Ebay in WA state

124»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2006
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/152552340.html

Sorry, I had to post this, and I will be letting the seller know too. He's wanting $6500 for a pair of Amazings. And that price is firm. I mean, best of luck to him. Seriously, I am wondering if he should give me the emails he gets in case anyone is willing to pay ~ 5 times the average selling price of used Amazings.

What a tool.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited April 2006
    I sent him an email because it's just plain funny.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2006
    can you fault a guy for wanting to make a profit? I know it's a redicoulous (sp) asking price.. but then again .. he may get some sucker willing to pay that much. That sucker wouldn't be me. ha ha ha.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2006
    I emailed him too. I told him I paid $400 for mine. Should make his day.
  • Shizelbs
    edited April 2006
    Anyone who has the urge to do so should call and laugh at him too.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited April 2006
    I'm right down the street from him right now in Federal Way, maybe I should see if they are dipped in gold
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/ele/152552340.html

Sorry, I had to post this, and I will be letting the seller know too. He's wanting $6500 for a pair of Amazings. And that price is firm. I mean, best of luck to him. Seriously, I am wondering if he should give me the emails he gets in case anyone is willing to pay ~ 5 times the average selling price of used Amazings.

What a tool.
    5X??? Offer me $1300 for mine and I'll deliver them to WA...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    5X??? Offer me $1300 for mine and I'll deliver them to WA...

How bout $600 and I'll pick em up.:p
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited April 2006
    Ummmm... no
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD