2 channel office system

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited September 2002 in 2 Channel Audio
I finally got my office system hooked up.

Scott 12 watt per channel EL-84 tube amp
Pair of SDA CRS (blade/blade) speakers
Sony portable XM Radio
Cheap interconnects
RCA flat wire speaker cable

The speakers are about two feet apart on each side of my monitor in a 10 x 12 drywalled cube. I am sitting approximately 3 feet away from them.

The sound is very good but the SDA effect is minimal although still there. I am pretty much unimpressed although the sound is much better than normally found in an office. If I had a few more feet to get the speakers a little farther apart and if I could be a few feet farther away it would be awesome.

Maybe I should ask for a larger area bassed on SDA considerations? :lol:

madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    You should walk in one morning with the massive Polk sign and ask "where is my new office".....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • madmax
    edited September 2002
    I already have the polks taking up half my bench space and the amp sitting there next to all of it. I think the sign would be the last straw. I've been thinking about a sub though. I could hide it under the bench. Maybe those cheap EX car subs that no one wants would do the job?
    madmax

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    You still have those EX12's? I think Hoosier might be interested....... If I'm not mistaken, he's pondering another sub project....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • madmax
    edited September 2002
    Hoosier is so far beyond wanting something in that class it is not even funny. One of the Shivas he was playing with would compete with 12 of these in an office sized box. They are OK for a first car sub but that is about it.
    madmax

• RuSsMaN
    edited September 2002
    Well, he was talking Kappa Perfects with me earlier today..... just a thought...
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2002
    Kappa's hmm had I had my coffee yet? I guess it shows my ignorance, I thought the Kappa's were perfect, it says so right on the box. I had the Tempest and 2 PR's when I did my DIY sub.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2002
    Man I've gotta get an office. That's a cool rig. My office rig is a AM/FM/Cass jambox. It's complete with the clothes hanger antenna.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2002
    Gidrah, stop bragging. I have a Philips cassette/radio walkman-style portable. No antenna, but it features "bass boost"! If necessary, can use the heaphone jack for passive Koss desktop spkrs--in stereo! :lol:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    c'mon now, an office rig is a MUST.

****, I'm here 10 hours a day so I figure this is where I do most of my listening.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    edited September 2002
    10 hrs my ****, you play golf more than you work, give me an EFFIN BREAK....
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    I didn't mean ME, I was refering to the average person who is at work, roughly 10 hrs a day.

LATELY, I been pretty close to that. Payback is a **** for all those military-sponsored golf days.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    LATELY, I been pretty close to that. Payback is a **** for all those military-sponsored golf days.

And I am paying you 40G a year for this she-at.....:rolleyes: .
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!