LSI15 frequency rating

jdcurry
jdcurry Posts: 13
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Is there a reason why Polk decided to drop the rating on the LSI line to 4ohms? I definitely have a capable receiver (Pioneer Elite) but I was just wondering since I don't see many 4ohm ones out there. I'm sure my receiver will run a little hotter under this setting.
Post edited by jdcurry on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2002
    Deja Vu all over again! I had the same concerns regarding the VSX-37TX that I'm using for my HT. Although the receiver does run warmer with the Lsi's connected it still performs without any problems. I pushed my receiver pretty hard in an attempt to get it to shut down. So far I have not been able to do so, it just keeps on going & going! Make sure you provide adequate room above the unit for good ventilation and you should not have any problems either.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • jdcurry
    jdcurry Posts: 13
    edited September 2002
    So, is it Polk's recommendation that you should use a pre-amp for the LSI line?
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2002
    Good question, sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I was considering going with seperates but my Pioneer receiver was been performing flawlessly so I see no need to spend the cash right now.

FYI, There have been numerous threads on this subject at WWW.Hometheaterforum.com and at WWW. AVSForum.com
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D