Tube re-rolling required with new gear?

Options
Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited April 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
OK, so I rolled a few tubes on my Jolida int amp and eventually came up with a very nice combination that I enjoy. Recently, I changed out my speakers. Is there a need to re-experiment with tube rolling due to a change in speakers?

Thanks.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I would say so. Won't hurt anything.

But if you like the way the new speaks sound with the gear, well, you may not want to bother. I am so stuck on the Amperex 6dj8 I am using now its going to be tough for me change which of course is limiting my own perspective.

RT1
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Yes. I prefer different combos for my Polks and Klipsch.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Yes, there is a need. There is no way around it. The rolling must begin again.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,207
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Hi,
    I have had to listen to all my tube sets again after getting a new used B&K amp. Many of the tubes caused the system to sound too bright with the old amp and now I can listen to any of them and am happy with the changes in sound. Even the Brimars are ok. Couldnt stand them before.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited April 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Yes, there is a need. There is no way around it. The rolling must begin again.
    madmax

Having just acquired a VTL TL2.5 preamp I found the sound to be a bit dark with too much bass. Before I roll in the new Mullard CV4003 and Sylvania 6350's, I need to listen to my setup on my Innersound electrostatic speakers which need help with the bass.

I never thought about tubes and speaker combos.

Now I may have to install casters on my speakers :D