FYI - Rocky Anthology for $9.00

McLoki
McLoki Posts: 5,231
edited April 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I will admit it, I like the rocky series. I never really liked it enough to pay $15/movie for it, but I thought it was pretty good. (have not seen it in quite awhile)

I was quite interested, however, when Target offered the 5 movie anthology for $9.00 + shipping. (no in-store pickups allowed...)

It works out to just under $12.00 shipped for all 5 movies. Even if you only watch them a few times, it is a pretty good deal.

Just wanted to make you all aware of it.

Michael
Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
Post edited by McLoki on

Comments

• thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2006
    Thanks for the link. I just bought a set......can't beat it for 12.00..

Scott
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited April 2006
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!
    that maybe one of the best DVD deals i have ever seen
    good looking out McLoki -- i'm on this like white on the proverbial rice
    (and maybe they'll let me exchange the Rocky V for Walk the Line or something:D )
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • MSkeezer
    MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
    edited April 2006
    This sucks ****! I just bought Rocky 3 and 4 from Best Buy for $10 each. Oh well, I still bought the set from Target. That's just one deal you can't pass up. Thanks McLoki!
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2006
    ON IT! Awesome. Even though I'll probably never watch them more than once, it's worth it!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited April 2006
    Cool deal, thanks!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    Looks like it just went back to $46.99 :confused:
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited April 2006
    Now back to $8.97...WTF...seems like a mistake on their part, but it keeps changing.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited April 2006
    I wonder if those of us who ordered will get theirs? Either way, I would count this as a limited time deal. At least you are dealing with a major retailer so Credit Card information should be safe.....

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited April 2006
    I've seen Target do this before. Its usually a pricing error and they typically cancel all the orders with the error. When I just checked, it was $46, which seems right for a 5 movie set.

Never know though, you might get them if they shipped before the error was noticed.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2006
    Meh, it's still listed as 8.97 for me. I bought mine first thing this morning, hope it goes through. I've always enjoyed the Rocky movies (except 5), and the first two are worth more than twelve bucks A PIECE to me, so... here's hopin.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2006
    it's kind of funny...
    all of my co-workers just went on-line to snag their sets, and are coming at me with a $44 pricepoint and a litany of "what gives?"
    "you snooze, you lose" i say, though it seems i might be tarred and/or feathered:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited April 2006
    You have good proper co-workers. I sent a link about an hour ago to my co-workers and are replying back What the F&*k, this is F'n Bull$*(t....
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2006
    just tell 'em you were confused, and it was really the 3rd season of Knot's Landing that was on sale
    then make a run for it while throwing banana peels behind you or laying down oil slicks ala Spy Hunter:p
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2006
    Darn, I'm seeing $40 something on them. Would have been a great deal. Thanks for sharing anyway, it was worth a try. :)
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited April 2006
    You Tease!!!!!
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2006
    Looks like, no luck on this one.

Greetings from Target@Amazon.com,

We regret to inform you that an error caused the "Rocky Anthology" DVD
    set you ordered from the Target@Amazon.com store to be displayed at an
    incorrect price.

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to
    offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have
    cancelled this item from your order.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2006
    Maybe they'll offer some good movies for $9 the set in Rocky's place.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited April 2006
    Bummer...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited April 2006
    yep... just received this lil' poo nugget this morning:(
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2006
    I figured they would cancel the orders. I saw last night they fixed the price. Oh well...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.