Mon 5 series 2 for sale

pmlewis
pmlewis Posts: 100
edited April 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
One pair of monitor 5 series 2 in light oak. Cabnets are in good condition with two scratches. One on the lower side of one speaker (shown in pic) and the other on the top of the other speaker (not shown but of similair size). Corners are in good shape. Grills are if fair condition. Some wear on the corners, one broken logo. I was just listening to these and they sound pretty good. I just do not have a need for them anymore. I believe these have the SL2500 tweeters. I would like to get $70 for the pair. I really do not want to ship these so local pickup in the Chicagoland metro area is a must.
Post edited by pmlewis on

Comments

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2006
    I have a spare logo that I'll ship to the buyer gratis.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited March 2006
    I'll take them if you decide to ship them.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • pmlewis
    edited March 2006
    *warning*

I got and e-mail from Iamgod@clubpolk from Scott who wanted to by these. I thought I heard the name before but I couldn't place it. I e-mailed back to continue the deal, but it still bothered me. The links on the e-mail didn't allow me to send mail through the forum. I tried to search his screen name but is wasn't there. Today I did a general search. Bingo! I know I new that screename. Needless to say I e-mailed him and told him I would not be selling to him. He seems to be someone who is not worth getting involved with. Just wanted to let any Newbies out there know he was still trolling around.

The speakers are still available, and if nobody local wants these in the next few days I will consider shipping if buyer pays costs. I will have to see if I can get some boxes big enough.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2006
    They look like nice speakers to me at a decent price polkies.

RT1
  • pmlewis
    edited April 2006
    Last call for local pickup. May consider parting out since I really don't want to ship something this big. SL2500 tweets, MW6500 midwoofs.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2006
    You're a good man for kicking IAMGOD in the nuts. Thank you.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2006
    Please don't part them out!:( Someone in the Windy City jump on these and save them from oblivion!
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2006
    Someone email Big **** Brett, he'll (tea)bag em'.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2006
    PM sent.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited April 2006
    Brett saved a pair of vintage Polks:D

Carl
    Carl

• pmlewis
    edited April 2006
    **Sold to Brett**

Hope you like the speakers. Let me know how they sound compared to the RT38I.

Patrick
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2006
    This is a great thread. Brett gets a pair of Mon 5's from the relative new guy, and the new guy kicks Trigg in the nuts also.

Patrick, you're okay. How did the "snake" manage to e-mail you? Was it through Club Polk? I know you said you couldn't contact him via Club Polk, but it's scary to think that he can reach out and touch others here.