Much More Vinyl

2»

Comments

• fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited April 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    George, seriously, the ones I asked for, if someone else wants them, let them have them, amigo. Wendi has about as much interest in LP's as she does other men beyond you.

BDT
    Hi Troy,

Can I transfer the Eagles to my list then ;)

Thanks,

-fredv-
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited April 2006
    George

I have a complete Zappa LP collection in good condition with some duplicates and some worn LP jackets. It was always a big event getting the new latest Zappa album because it was never anything like the last one. I wouldn't consider selling them unless I really needed the $. I have lived with them so long they are like relatives I guess.

I never looked on ebay to see what the Zappa LPs were going for. I also have a Velvet Underground Banana LP with an unpeeled banana.

Still waitin for my man. 26 dollars in my hand.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2006
    I've got one Zappa album, minty, I can't remember which one it is.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2006
    Fredv,

by all means.....my apologies for the hassle to all involved.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • fredv
    edited April 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Fredv,

by all means.....my apologies for the hassle to all involved.
    Thanks, Troy.
    George, I will mail the balance out when all dust settle :-)

Cheers,

-fredv-
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2006
    I'll take whatever is still left under the 1st section, including what Troy doesn't want. Add Charlie Rich to the pile also.

Let me know what my bill is, I'll get it out.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2006
    Okay, Fred gets the Eagles, Wendi gets me. No need to thank me, I'm just THAT kind of guy.

Russ, you have a 7 lp Van Halen package enroute gratis for all the scumbag things you do for me. I don't know what you mean by "whatever is left in the first section". The original first section was all the sealed stuff, and the only thing left from that is 2 Europe albums. Seeing how nobody else wanted them, I don't figure you do either. Talk to me about what you want, do it in a email if you want. I really can't see you listening to Judy Collins, Melanie, Rita Coolidge or Dan Fogelberg (unless of course there's something you haven't been sharing with us).

So what you using the single Zappa album as? A drink coaster?

Hang onto that Zappa vinyl Peter.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2006
    The first section above, this post, all the remaining non country + Mr. Pride. I listen to everything, for the most part.

The Zappa is tucked away, for safe keeping - I probably meant to send it to you and forgot.
  • George Grand
    edited April 2006
    Well that's that. I'm sold out for now. Thanks everybody for shopping at "Sounds Grand" and helping me help the kids. It means a great deal to me.

I just realized I still have all the country and easy listening left. I'll leave it up and then add to it when I go through more of this vinyl to determine actual condition.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2006
    Got the albums today George. These things are like new! Thank you, very much!

Too bad I gotta wait till Monday for a pre with a phono stage.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • George Grand
    edited April 2006
    Rich, you're helping me write checks to the handicapped kids. So, thank YOU. I'm guessing the guy played them once to put them on tape or something. I'm still sorting through the piles looking for the really clean ones. There'll be another listing but it won't be till I order more shipping boxes.

I'm really glad you guys have been happy with these transactions.
  • fredv
    edited April 2006
    Thank you, George. Albums arrived. I will mail the check out Monday. Now, time to play the albums and rewind the time back 30 years :-)

Cheers,

-fredv-
  • George Grand
    edited April 2006
    Good for you Fred! Two days from Jersey to California. I love it!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited April 2006
    fredv wrote:
    Thank you, George. Albums arrived. I will mail the check out Monday. Now, time to play the albums and rewind the time back 30 years :-)

Cheers,

You best listen to Linda first.:)
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • George Grand
    edited April 2006
    USPS website tracking and delivery confirmation feature shows that Shack, Szhleppy, and CMY330Go also received their packages today. I be lovin' it.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited April 2006
    Yep. I got mine too. Won't have time to listen for a while but they sure look good. Thanks George!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited April 2006
    Thanks again George!