Wanted: Polk LSI 7s

Options
Sthrndream
Sthrndream Posts: 70
edited March 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for a pair of black Polk LSI 7s for sale. Will by used if in mint condition. Please email me a schenelle@cox.net
Post edited by Sthrndream on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Where are you located? I happen to have a pair of black LSi7's that I am not using - what are you offering?

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Sthrndream
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I was just offered by another gentleman on this board $400 including shipping to Oklahoma. He has to check if the original serial numbers are on the speakers and will get back to me tomorrow. So based on that Id say $400
  • lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I will be wanting some LSi7s in the fall (moving... want to go 7.1), so I'll buy yours if you still have them then McLocki :)
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Where in Oklahoma are you?
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Sthrndream
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Oklahoma City. Also, if for some reason he decides not to sell or changes his mind, Im interested in the black LSI 7s. Bottom line: Im interested in a pair for sale. I ask for original S/N so offer away!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I won't step on anyones toes. (If I have to keep them there are worse things in life... :D ) If the other deal falls through, I can honor the $400 shipped.

Michael

BTW - I can send pics of the speakers (and serial numbers) prior to purchase.
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Sthrndream
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Purchased today from Madmax the pair of LSI 7s. Thanks everyone for your input. Close now to a 7.1.
  • Sthrndream
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Absolutely Beautiful. Max you didnt tell me you had the original box and unopened manual. First CLASS FIRST RATE. You are the best. THey are in Outstanding condition

Heres to You!!!!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm glad you are happy with them.
    Enjoy!!!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Wow, you're really moving a lot of gear, madmax!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Max has cleaned up nicely on the 2 pair of speakers I let him have for $220 when everyone was begging people to hook them up from the Fry's clearance. Congrats Max.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Original serial numbers or not, the warranty is non-transferrable. They're good speakers though, so enjoy.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited March 2006
    Options
  • madmax
    edited March 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    Max has cleaned up nicely on the 2 pair of speakers I let him have for $220 when everyone was begging people to hook them up from the Fry's clearance. Congrats Max.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Original serial numbers or not, the warranty is non-transferrable. They're good speakers though, so enjoy.

With all due respect I sent you a nice bonus on top of the price paid for your efforts. As I recall I even sent you yet another check after the fact. What the eff is wrong with you anyway? :confused:
    madmax

Edit: Not to mention first dibs on two sets of amplifiers for a good price before offering them elsewhere. Wow, the knife in the back hurts when you think you know the person behind you...

• madmax
    edited March 2006
    Options
    audiobliss wrote:
    Wow, you're really moving a lot of gear, madmax!

Yea, Job is ending...
    madmax

• Sthrndream
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Allow me to chime in:

Im happy with my purchase. Max gave me a fair "market value" price and included the shipping. Not only fair "market value", but he included the shipping and everything was in immaculate shape. If he made a 180 dollar profit on me, so be it. He explained to me his days are numbered with his job, Ive been there and I dont like that feeling. Thats why I went back into the Air Force and have 6 years for retirement. I thought I had a good deal and I would buy from Chuck again.

Im not out to make profit on fellow club polkies, as I dont think anyone should, but Im new to posting in this forum again and didnt realize Fry's sales a year ago.

One thing I do know: The synergistic effect of the clup polk group far outweighs the accomplishments of one individual, so lets just all get along and hears to buying more stereo equipment in the future.

Steve
  • madmax
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Just for the record:

For 1 pair from Brettw22:
    $220 for the pair
    $11 Tax
    $50 Shipping
    $50 Gratuity

Total spent: $331

To Ship out:

$400 Price
    $50 Shipping

Total received $350

So it ended up I sold them for $19 more than I paid. Big effin' deal. So shoot me...

BTW, Steve is a pleasure to deal with.

And Steve, that was a one time deal (mistake) that Fry's made. It was about two years ago and has never happened again, probably never will. Brettw22 nicely offered to pick them up for several of us and ship them out. Overall he got gratuities of about $50 a pair (at least that was my understanding and is what I gave him). My intent of selling them here was to pass them on with to someone else who wanted them for approximately the same cost. I think you will find them going for about $450 plus $50 shipping on ebay. Sure, I could have gone that route but profit was not my intent.

Brettw22 has a problem obviously.

madmax

• brettw22
    edited March 2006
    Options
    madmax wrote:
    Just for the record:

For 1 pair from Brettw22:
    $220 for the pair
    $11 Tax
    $50 Shipping
    $50 Gratuity

Total spent: $331
    You bought 2 pair. Each pair broke down this way:

$200 for the pair
    $16 tax
    $25 shipping

Total: $241

The $50 that you sent as a seperate check was both to offset the shipping for the China and for both pairs of speakers t, but even with that split between the china and the 2 pair of speakers, that's $17 per transaction. That brings the total for each pair of speakers to $258. It wouldn't cost $50 to ship those speakers from coast to coast, so quoting $50 as actual shipping is incorrect.

I can't control your job situation, and I'm sorry to hear it's ending.........I just think that people who got those speakers through other members doing the footwork should either keep them, or sell them for exactly what they have in them. All I'm saying is don't ask people to do favors then turn around and profit from what they've done for ya.

Long as sthrn feels he got a good deal, so be it, but I also think full disclosure is appropriate........ya know? Congrats Sthrn, they are very nice speakers......
  • madmax
    edited March 2006
    Options
    The purchase of the china was 3 years ago and was a done deal WAY before you offered the speakers. If it were not you would have never offered to send the speakers. I sent exactly what you asked for on the china. If you wanted a gratuity on that as well then you should have added it to the price.

That is the last I'm saying on the subject.

madmax

• brettw22
    edited March 2006
    Options
    No worries max......you're the one that mentioned the china as part of the $50 side check....because the speakers were the only other transaction we completed since that sale...
    Anyway.....disclosure over....everyone have fun.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Not sure who cooked this batch of drama but they made it way to bitter IMO.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.