FS: SEP 6V6 / 6F6 Integrated Amplifier

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Custom made, 4 wpc, single ended pentode.

Can use 6F6 or 6V6 Beam power pentodes, front end driver is a 5965 (12AV7 can also be used). Solid state rectifier, front power switch, volume pot. One set of inputs (stereo), push connectors on rear. Can be used as a stand alone integrated, or as a straight power amp by adding a pre.

Ships with 1950's NOS Russian 6F6, and a GE 5965.

$OLD ORGAN
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Hi Russ,
    Can you give me more info on the type of sound? What kind of sound can I expect from 6V6 tubes? What kind of music is this amp really good with? More importantly, how does it sound compared to a stock Dynaco 70? Can this amp still rock with 4w/ch? I like to listen loud, even for softer material and I'm just afraid 4w/ch may not be enough.

I am interested but I still need to check funds first. So if another member decides to buy or you need to put it up at the gon, it's all good.

Oh yeah, when using it as an amp, is there a bypass switch for the pot or do you just have to raise it past the 12 o clock position?
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    Options
    That should be plenty of power for your Klipsch:)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    Options
    The sound is full and rich. Sometimes with small output trannies, you get very limited bandwidth, especially in the low end. These output trannies spec'd out into the high 20's, so they have a good bottom end.

Using it as an amp, you just treat it like any other amp, it just happens to have a gain control also. Personally, I would set it halfway, and go from there. If you can use it without a preamp, you've got even less in the signal path - which is kind of the goal here. 1 cap and bias resistor in the path in the amp, single ended - minimalist and pure.

The amp sounds good with anything from Alice in Chains, to Norah Jones, to Vivaldi. Where it really shines is in the midrange - vocals, and acoustics are a REAL treat.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • organ
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Noel,
    Yeah, 4 watts should be plenty. I was just a little worried about headroom, but I plan to use it for softer music.

Russ,
    Awesome. I looked around ebay and NOS 6V6/6F6 and even 5965's are dirt cheap. Should be a lot of fun to tube roll. So this unit is auto bias, right? I love my Dyna but I want to try out a different family of tubes in a non push-pull configuration.

If you don't mind waiting about 2 weeks before I send out payment, I'll take it. Just have to wait for the next pay check.

Let me know.

Thanks

Maurice
  • RuSsMaN
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Sold then.

Yes, cathode bias, plug and play.
  • organ
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Alright! Thanks Russ.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Kewl!!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"