Have mwXXXX midwoofer ???

Options
hotwheelman
hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
edited March 2006 in Vintage Speakers
What model does this part # fit?? "Mw6600x monitor series driver" is all the info I have on this one.
"Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
"Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
Post edited by hotwheelman on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Monitor 11's, that's not RTA 11T's, it's Monitor 11's.

Are you selling and how many, if so?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the info jesse, did not know what this one worked in......now I know.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • ddtcm
    ddtcm Posts: 4
    edited March 2006
    Options
    My RTA 11s (that's what the box and manuals stated - now missing) have the MW 6600X in the right speaker and MW 6501 in the left speaker (factory auth repair shop replaced them in 1991). Called Polk Friday to get replacements for the MW 6600X (dog won) and was told MW 6510 was the original driver, now replaced by MW 6503 (in stock). Should I buy 4 new MW 6503 and replace all?
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I have yet to hear the difference in any of the 65XX line of mids as long as the phase is paid close attention. What may make a difference to you is if you run with grills off, the newer version have larger dust caps and different cone treatments that don't match your vintage models. Just FYI.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • ddtcm
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I always keep the grills on to protect the drivers. Worked so far......
    I'll replace the 2 bad ones and invest the difference in dog obedience lessons!
    Thanks for the info.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2006
    Options
    If you decide to replace all four, I'll take the MW6600X as a spare for some Monitor 11's in the family.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ddtcm
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Sorry, the MW 6600X are the bad ones.
  • F1nut
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Got ya, thanks anyway.

President of Club Polk