Thanks BSUfbfan - RTA11TL

Options
Disc Jockey
Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
edited March 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I just wanted to say thank you to BSUfbfan, he gave a heads up in the FM about a pair of RTA-11tl's on craigslist in Denver for $200. I was really pretty happy with my current speakers and wasn't looking to upgrade but I knew that the RTA's have a lot of respect around the forum and figured I couldn't lose for the money.

Got em home, hooked up and balanced and WOW! I knew after 10 seconds that I'd be keeping these. Much better seperation, imaging, subtlety, detail... You name it, these things beat my old ones hands down. Even my wife noticed the improvement right away and she maintains that she has a tin ear. Never even had a chance to test them in HT because we did nothing else except listen to music for the next 8 hours.

Now if I could just figure out what to do with a couple of gently used but hastily discarded RT12's...
"The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
Post edited by Disc Jockey on

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Congrats, enjoy, & Welcome to Club Polk!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BSUfbfan
    BSUfbfan Posts: 201
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Shoot, sorry it took me 3 days to see this post.

Glad your liking them, I'm glad I posted it now. They just looked like a complete steal for $200.

I know what you mean about spending a bunch of time listening, I got my SDA-CRS's 2 days ago and have just about re-listened to all of my CD's already.

Enjoy.

Mike
    SDA SRS 2.3