Speakers for Sale

Early B.
Early B. Posts: 7,900
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I decided to go in a different direction, so I am selling my beloved Soliloquy 5.3's, Soliloquy C-3 center channel, and my Norh 5.1's. I plan to consolidate my HT and 2-channel systems (temporarily), so I'll be using different speakers than the aforementioned for that application.

Soliloquy 5.3's are priced at $695 plus shipping ($650 for local pickup in metro Atlanta, GA). Shipping will be higher than usual because each speaker is 80 lbs. I have the original boxes, although they have been beaten up pretty good. The speakers are in 7.5/10 condition (conservative). Very WAF friendly. No significant dings or scratches. There is a minor indentation in the front top left corner of one speaker that cannot be seen a few feet away, and there is an anomaly on one of the grilles that can only be seen in good light and up close.

I also have the matching Soliloquy C-3 center channel for sale for $300 plus shipping. This monster weighs about 35 lbs. The center channel is in 7/10 condition due to several scratches on the top. Face and grille is clean. I do not have the original box but it will be double boxed and packed carefully.

Visit www.solspeak.com for detailed info on the Soliloquys. Read about the extraordinary build quality (or see below).

The Norh 5.1’s are gorgeous and unique speakers. They are in 8/10 condition. One of the grilles is a bit looser than the other one. I upgraded the crossovers on these. Go here for more info: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29476&highlight=Norh Price is set at $350. I have the original boxes. Will split the shipping cost on these. Go here for a pic: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25484

Google for reviews on both pairs of speakers.

PayPal is preferred. I will ship within 24 hours upon receipt of payment.

PM me if interested. Thanks.

MORE INFO on Soliloquy's build quality:

These speakers were designed by Phil Jones, significantly overbuilt, and far exceed the normal industry standards.
 The cabinet is comprised of 1" thick high density panels. This makes the cabinet extremely rigid and minimizes resonance.
 The cabinets are furniture-grade, book-matched hardwood veneers on the outside. All veneers are top quality center-cut sections of real wood with polyurethane top coatings.
• The cabinets are lined with Luon backing material on the inside to insure optimum performance and structural rigidity.
• 3⁄4" cross-bracing members are routed between each driver into the outer panels to further enhance the rigidity of the cabinet and help to provide a solid platform for the drivers to launch sound into the room.
• The circular cutouts for the driver mount holes are glued inside the cabinets' back walls behind the woofer magnets. This reinforces those certain panel sections and creates 2" thick areas for superior resonance control.
• The tweeter sections are lined with proprietary sound dampening tiles and the bass frequency areas are lined with acoustic diffuser panels. These special features eliminate standing waves inside the cabinets and maximize the bass speed and energy from the woofers. This process is superior to the standard use of polyfill found in most loudspeakers.
• Stamped steel, plastic or composite baskets are not used because they're mechanically inferior. The mid/woofers feature over-size massive vented magnets and precision-machined cones that increase in thickness towards the center and decrease towards the rim where the surrounds are attached.
• The main cabinet is isolated from the floor and other structures to eliminate the mechanical vibration of the cabinet from being transmitted to other items in the room and causing resonance. These isolation layers include a 1⁄2" thick masonite isolation plate attached to the cabinet, matching 1" thick wood plinth, and a 1⁄4" solid steel baseplate with a proprietary spike system.
• The backplates are made of high density fiber composites, not plastic, and special binding posts are attached directly to the plates. This eliminates resonance from attacking the electrical components in the crossover adding to the purity and accuracy of the speaker.
• Rubber gaskets are fitted for the recessed driver mount holes and back plate assembly.
• The port tubes are made of PVC, not paper like many other loudspeakers. They are flared at both ends, which reduce port noise as air leaves the cabinet. Using PVC for the port tubes is a stronger and more durable way of managing air pressure.
• The crossovers are hand-built point-to-point utilizing high quality, computer matched inductor coils, caps and resistors. All components are terminated with 2% silver solder. This process is a true audiophile approach to optimizing the transfer of electrical signals through to the driver components.
• All crossover components are secured to Masonite tiles with Dow Corning #732 adhesive to insure accuracy by eliminating mechanical vibration from being transmitted to the electrical components.
• All components are hand soldered and wired to the custom metal terminals with Analysis Plus Oval Theater 2 wire to further maximize signal transfer for optimum performance.
• All of the tweeters and drivers are proprietary designs. Soliloquy designs and builds each of their tweeters and drivers specifically for each different application. The tweeters are a dual chamber, silk dome and the drivers are mica/graphite/polymer composites. All units are magnetically shielded.
HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
Post edited by Early B. on

Comments

• Early B.
    edited March 2006
    Norh 5.1's have been SOLD.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2006
    NICE goods bubba.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    No crap, if I wasn't hooked on boxless speakers I'd be all over this. I am interested but not at this time, don't ban me...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    I am interested but not at this time, don't ban me...
    *waves magic wand*
    *poof*

:eek: :p:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Early B.
    edited March 2006
    Soliloquy's have been sold.