FS: NIB Infocus SP5000 Projector

okiepolkie
okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I bought this as a last in-stock from my distributor about three weeks ago with a prospective buyer. The buyer backed out, so I've been stuck with it as inventory(which I usually do not keep). I've tried to sell it locally for the last two and a half weeks, but I can't seem to find a buyer.

This item is new in box, and comes with a fully manufacturers warranty since I am an authorized reseller.

My price is $1200 shipped to U.S. residents. It comes with a $300 mail in rebate, so the projector would be $900 in the end. Since I'm asking what I have into the projector, I can't go any lower. No money will be made at all on this projector. I am aware of ebay prices, but the new ones already have the rebate amount accounted for if I'm not mistaken.

Here is the manufacturers link to the projector: http://www.infocus.com/Products/Projectors/SP5000.aspx

It will be double boxed and shipped Fedex ground.

For those of you in Eastern TN, St Louis MO, Oklahoma, and the Dallas TX area, I might be traveling to one of those places next week on vacation, so I could deliver it to you for even less money(a buyer could help me decide where to go:))

If you have any questions, call or email me from info on my website link below, or you can always PM me.

Thanks for looking.
Tschüss
Zach
Post edited by okiepolkie on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited March 2006
    You're offering it for 1200 with a 300 dollar mail-in rebate. That's a total of 900 dollars. Or are you giving a 100 discount to polkies? Just wondering. Thanks.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Sorry, that was a typo. Pics added as well.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    Best Google could come up with is $999 after rebate...

Great deal, Zach... I'm just not in that market right now.

Someday, we'll do business.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Thanks Tour. If you ever need anything, just let me know.

Just for reference, this projector sold for $1599+rebate until the end of November. Then they lowered the price to $1299+rebate. Their main focus now is on a new line of strictly DLP projectors.

I've set one of these up using a Goo Systems paint on screen and the picture is very good.

To me, this is one of the better overall values for a projector right now. The resolution/$ is very high, considering the new Infocus entry level only displays 480 lines of resolution at the same price.

I was disappointed to see this particular model become updated. I believe this projector could have been one of my bigger sellers this year.

If I had a space for it in my home, I would be using it.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Anyone even remotely interested? I can consider trades or what not if that would help anyone. I'd really like to get this out of my house by the weekend if possible. I'll even upgrade to 2 day express with no extra cost.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2006
    You thought about Videogon?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Yeah, I'm going to post it on Videogon this evening. I thought I would give it this last day on the forum. I'd still much rather deal with someone on here. All but one transaction on ebay has had problems. Every transaction I've had here has gone off without a hitch(knock on wood).
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Went ahead and put it on videogon :(

I'd still much rather sell it here.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2006
    I feel your pain.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • okiepolkie
    edited March 2006
    Thanks Mark,

In the past I've held onto stuff longer than I should have, just to make sure I sell it to someone here.

I just hope it sells period.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • MattN03
    MattN03 Posts: 558
    edited March 2006
    I'll vouch for Zach 100%. He hooked me up with the RTi8's & Panamax 5100 and treated me honestly & fairly. Hope you find a buyer Zach.

TTT