SDA 1Bs

2»

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2006
    Carlos,

hats off to you...but...I agree with ohskigod...you definitely do not need to do this, and in my mind you should not. You're a stand up person and the people that need to know it, know it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    Dude, no way, you shouldn't have to do this. I disagree slightly with your ratings, but as Lou said, those things are subjective. The keep it in the family thing, hey, it happens... No biggie...

Here's my take for what you should do at this point: Stop posting and don't do anything... The guy inspected them and they are working correctly. Now he wants money? He messed them up on the way home if anything.. Don't give him a cent.
    criverajr wrote:
    Here is the deal to buyer and any other established polk member

1. I will refund all of the money to the buyer. I don't need the **** for 475.00 dollars, not even worth it.

2. I would like to 200.00 for the speakers if the person makes arrangements with the buyer to pick them up, that price includes everything I gave to the buyer. The speakers with the upgraded tweeters, the extra new tweeter, the 4 sl2000 tweeters, and the interconnect cable.

3. Just try to work it out with the buyer as I don't want to deal with him.

4. Original buyer put my name on your ignore list, please don't post on any thread you see my name and we will be fine. The high road looks mighty good for me.

5. (gshisme)Greg in NJ, since you were the the first to inquire the price for you is 100.00 if you make arrangements to pick them up from this guy.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    I wholeheartedly disagree with this, solely from a "you should not have to do this" standpoint. I do respect where it is coming from though.

I hope this isnt motivated by the keep it in the family thing. Of course, as Polkies, we strive to keep things in house. Actually, you did keep it in house. You sold to a forum member (albeit a new one). You had no idea he would turn out to be a putz, I would very well have made the same decisions you did.

maybe this whole thing is bothering me way more than it should.

I think it bothers you for the same reason it bothers me- The spirit of the transaction was wrong-Not with the seller, but with the buyer. When I got those speakers, I might have had 50 posts and they got me more involved with Russ and other polkies. The spirit of the flea market seems to have been violated by the buyer on this item and Carlos was trying to pass on a good deal and going out of his way to do it and now it's getting turned around on him. Not cool at all.

To the buyer: Had he gone to E-bay and got $600-$650 he could have gotten with an at home (Close to home) pick up, then you might complain. But dang, he gave you a deal, went out of his way to help you out and now you are looking for MORE money? :mad:
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2006
    This buyer sounds like a "I want something for nothing" sort. Especially with his "I expected perfection" comments. I could tell from your photo's they weren't near perfection. I wouldn't sell this guy a penny for 5 cents...

Carlos, you don't owe him ****.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2006
    anonymouse wrote:
    Once he inspected and took possession the deal was done, unless the defect was non cosmetic or deliberately concealed. For a cosmetic defect, that should have been the buyers responsibility to identify and negotiate at the time of the transaction if in person.

Absolutely!!!! Once inspected and the transaction takes place it's a done deal. Unless like other's say if it's concealed or not in plain view that the buyer can inspect. Any cosmetic problems in plain view or within the buyers capability of inspection should have been negotiated during the transaction, not after he gets them home.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited March 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    The worst part about all this is these speakers are now forever "out of the family". I know of at least 6 "elder" or "hard-core" members have had these pass through their hands and now the line looks to be broken....

I hate it when I see good SDA's get parted out. The tweets, mid-drivers are all plentiful, eihter from Polk from e-bay where cab's are shot, etc.. X-overs can be repaired, SDA cables can be built and to some extent cabinets can be repaired. So too part them out, or use them for another project just sickens me a bit. But it's his $475 and he can do what he wants, but I doubt anyone will consider dealing with him again, unless they really need the coin.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2006
    here is my take.. unless any speakers are just completely trashed beyond repair. i have a real tough time parting out half way decent speakers. I find his comments very interesting. Why dismantle working speakers.. find some other spare parts and leave this alone.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: