Grab Bag

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I was getting ready to take out my trash, but realized it is a veritable treasure trove for the right individual. I want to ask $7 because there's AT LEAST $14 maybe $15 worth of slightly used coffee grinds alone in there. Also some wise All-Natural potato chip crumbs that may not be much to you, but you'd easily be able to flip them to that "starving kid in Asia" we've all heard about. There's other good stuff in there also. Serious inquiries only will be provided pictures.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited March 2006
    I'll take the banana peels. No pictures needed. I know what they look like.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2006
    If I send you a big bag of nothing thats just been sitting around....will you accept that and forward the Grab Bag to Troy? I think it might make his day and he can share it will all the attendees at PF 06.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    edited March 2006
    George maybe you should send it to your new friend who owns the Magnepan MG-1's.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435537&postcount=8

He might get on your good side :p . I think he'll appreciate the coffee grounds and All natural p-chip crumbs. Help a noob out :D:D:p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2006
    Well, heiney9 has come up with the ideal solution. Knowing how generous George is, it only goes to reason that he would want to send his grab bag to someone who obviously doesn't have a clue. I know...there is probably not a clue in the grab bag....but whatever is there is more than what he has.... Go for it George!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • heiney9
    edited March 2006
    shack wrote:
    Well, heiney9 has come up with the ideal solution. Knowing how generous George is, it only goes to reason that he would want to send his grab bag to someone who obviously doesn't have a clue. I know...there is probably not a clue in the grab bag....but whatever is there is more than what he has.... Go for it George!

LOL Shack...we're on the same page here!!!! :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited March 2006
    If there are any leftovers, I'll take them. The slugs in my compost bin work faster with a good caffeine buzz.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited March 2006
    I only roll with whole potato chips man, no crumbs here....take em to ebay :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2006
    George, I may be interested in the coffee grounds if they have been only slightly used. I've been looking at getting some from my local shop but if these are still in the filters, that would be better. Are you the original owner and do you still have the cans for shipping?
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2006
    Wait a minute, those "all natural Wise" chips are junk. Anybody knows that Kettle cooked are the only way to go. I smell something fishy, oh wait a minute...
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited March 2006
    George, if that is your real name, you also have the same listing on Audiogon. How do we know you not going to sell the same "trash" multiple times and split. Looks like the old "cut and paste post scam" to me:D
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2006
    Antny, if you smell something fishy, you probably haven't been showering after sex. Wise All-Nat's ARE the industry standard. When you coming to look at these albums?
    I also have a line on some AR-9LS, maybe for real cheap, and maybe not far from you.

The grinds ARE in the filters, and I am original owner/user. No original packing or owners manny. Sorry. Able to put in a travel cup though for local pick-up personnel.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited March 2006
    I have a comment for that...something about eating and cologne...

Seriously, I'm sorry for missing this weekend. I'm swamped at work. I will have to call you, but it will be in the very near future. Ar-9LS, huh? Very interesting.....
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2006
    Are those Columbian coffee grounds? Where are the pics Man.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited March 2006
    Everybody knows that the natural Lay's are the "Standard" of the industry. Just read the review in last month's Junk Food Gourmet.

Sorry bad linky;)
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2006
    SOB is hoarding the good stuff. Effer is sitting on a STASH of empty Brylcreme tubes and cardboard inserts that new Brooklyn Guinea T's come with. I'm holding out for those.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited March 2006
    ....you're supposed to shower AFTER sex ? :eek:

Oh, you must be talking about with a partner !

Whew, had me worried for a second there.

But, still ......
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited March 2006
    from 25 to .... uhm ...... 50.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2006
    Roflmao!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2006
    I'll take the trash bin if in really bad condition, dirty and.....it must have that strong, ugly landfill smell......

Oh...and please send pics.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    edited March 2006
    I prefer junk in a box rather than a bag. Box's can hold more junk and are just sturdier. Got any junk boxes George? I also think there would be more interest if you posted some pics. Where's the pics, mon?

H9
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2006
    George,

I need a bucket of steam and a left handed tent stretcher if you come across something please let me know.

RT1
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited March 2006
    I Smell Ebay!!!!!!...lol
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2006
    George, are you willing to split-out the coffee grinds? Are they Folgers by chance? No decaf though, decafs for pussies.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited March 2006
    I want the used Rubbers,got a nephew who cant affort a new one
    .05 cents OK with you George? Send pics please.You can never be too safe ya know.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2006
    Can I get a quote on shipping to central Illinois? (61571 zip code) Are there any discounts available if I take the whole bag off your hands or is your price firm? (I can always karma the stuff I don't use.....) :)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)