POLK SRT's for sale in NYC

13»

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    scg,

I don't believe F1 was pointing anything at you in the quote you plucked. You didn't come in with a link to an ad or auction listing.

We don't know you, but that's moot as SRT's tend to be more of a local P/U item anyway.

That said, I'd certainly caution anyone from trying to do a long distance deal with an unknown member where the kind of money you are asking for is involved. At least not without a recon by an established member.

How much would you send to that BMW owner if he lived in California?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2006
    Man, will somebody buy these before I put one of my kidneys on ebay????

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2006
    scg, you are missing the point. Motorcycles for the most part are not shipped so you are comparing apples and oranges.

The members of this forum work very hard to ensure that other members are not ripped off.

One of the differences I noticed shortly after joining this forum, is that several individuals here take time out to warn others when there is something suspicious about a sale. Tour recently posted a link which has some graphic pictures of what happens when audio equipment is not packed properly. Perhaps after viewing these pictures it will put audio equipment buying and selling in perspective for you. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/packandship/

You are doing the right thing, taking the time to place ads where people will appreciate the items.
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited February 2006
    I consider that if you own a Polk speaker, you are already part of the Polk family, whether your first listing is to sell your polks or just to say hi and get to know the other members. Chances are if you are selling your polks as your first post, it is probably for a better set of polks or that one needs to offload it for personal reasons. I spoke with Steadi this morn, hoping to check out his SRTs next week, given if its not sold to Esavinon. If it comes down to Esavinon and I vying for the SRTs to claim Polk Audio supremacy, OK OK... audio speaker supremacy... he and I will just have to settle it the old faishon way... sword fight. We'll have Steadi to take pics of the results and post it up on the forum for all to see.

(You know I am just kidding on the sword fight, right guys ? I prefer drive by shootings. It gets the job done quickly if done right.)
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Now that I am interested in Steadis SRTs. I have to spend the weekend mastering a DVD-A to sample his speakers. I want to hear the Village People and Sister Sledge like I've never heard them before...
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2006
    hey dmike read your mail....
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    You ****'s. Unbelievable.

Don't make me get my heiney9 on now.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Mofos ? Whats that stand for Russ ?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2006
    I thought I would post here to give the enthusiast a chance to own a peice of Polk history mister F1NUT. BTW I worked in F1 for 4 years... I have no problem with folks trying to sell a BMW motorcycle on the ADVRIDER forum even if they've never posted their before. Grow up. I'll happily post on ebay if you would like.

If you'd learn how to read and comprehend, you'd have realized my post was not directed at you, it was a direct answer to Scotty's question. As it stands now, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! Take them to eBay or put them were the sun doesn't shine, you want too much for them anyway. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited February 2006
    Damn 71 posts on this matter, can someone give me a two line paraphrase as to what has transpired over the last couple days on this thread? The Gin is making my eyes blurry, or maybe it is reading all this..
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Sounds like alot of bickering going on. Given that I am new to the forum (3 days or so), yet I have known the Polk line for 21 years now and a PROUD Polk owner for 16 years, I have seen quite a bit of bickering going on in other forums as well. Given that we are all part of the Polk world, arent we all supposed to get along ?

Keep the gin handy haens and pass some this way.

In a nutshell, there are some SRTs up for sale. Myself and another buyer are interested in checking them out. If the other buyer gets the speakers, people have shown interest in the other buyers non-polk speakers, which he has stated that they are not for sale, and I have challenged the other buyer to a sword fight or drive by shooting if he gets his hands on the SRTs before me.

After all that, the seller of the SRTs is a newbe and is being attacked by another member because the sellers first post is to sell his SRTs. There is another member who is interested in purchasing the SRTs but doesnt have the cash. He is full of insperation though - in order to raise the cash, he plans to sell his kidneys to get his hands on them. Now thats divotion I tell ya. If this guy does sell his kidneys and gets teh speakers, I think Matthew Polk should give him a call congradulating him, being a devoted and passionate member of the Polk Audio world.

Nice, huh ?
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited February 2006
    Tanqueray Number 10 is my friend - No bickering here....

But do need to go to sleep....going on midnight, and been up since 4:30, must be getting old...

Scott is out...
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited February 2006
    DiscoMike wrote:
    Sounds like alot of bickering going on. Given that I am new to the forum (3 days or so), yet I have known the Polk line for 21 years now and a PROUD Polk owner for 16 years, I have seen quite a bit of bickering going on in other forums as well. Given that we are all part of the Polk world, arent we all supposed to get along ?

Keep the gin handy haens and pass some this way.

In a nutshell, there are some SRTs up for sale. Myself and another buyer are interested in checking them out, that peope are interested in the other buyers non-polk speakers, which he has stated that they are not for sale, and I have challenged the other buyer to a sword fight or drive by shooting if he gets his hands on the SRTs before me.

After all that, the seller of the SRTs is a newbe and is being attacked by another member because the sellers first post is to sell his SRTs. Another member is interested in the SRTs but doesnt have the cash. He is full of insperation though - in order to raise the cash, he plans to sell his kidneys to get his hands on them. Now thats divotion I tell ya. If this guy does sell his kidneys and gets teh speakers, I think Matthew Polk should give him a call congradulating him, being a devoted and passionate member of the Polk Audio world.

Nice, huh ?

Now, that is better than going through all the posts......But DM, even in my frothy state, I know how to use spell check, or at least prrrrrooof read ;)

BTW - Thanks for the re-cap, surely will log in tomorrow to see where this is going.

But before I go - Here is my offer to whoever is selling them SRT's. I'll give you 2K, but you have to deliver them to me out in Southern Ca...

Deal or What?
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2006
    top of the line speaker or not... best sounding/imaging/built speaker polk has ever made or not... $4k for the pair without the center or rears? Dear god. I think I should go over to an Integra forum and sell my 01 for... eeeehhh ...$20k. I'm sure an enthusiast would pay a ton more than anyone else.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Whats a spell check ? And how does one proof read ? Sounds way too technical for me. :eek:

And haens... dont make me have to add you to my drive by shooting list. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2006
    Troy D,,go ahead and sell those kidneys,, I can "hook" you up with a home dialysis system on the cheap,while you are listening to them, gotta admit, it's tempting :rolleyes: :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • steadicamguy
    steadicamguy Posts: 8
    edited February 2006
    Sorry, F1NUT I was a few vodkas in watching Man on Fire when I wrote that response !!
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited February 2006
    DiscoMike wrote:

And haens... dont make me have to add you to my drive by shooting list. :D

That would be a long drive NYC to Southern CA, but while you are coming out, bring them SRT's with you :D so I can have a quick listen..

Scott
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    No problem Scott... I will have them on the top of the car, blasting it over your way (assuming that I dont get pulled over).

I wonder if trying to sell a pop tart that looks like jesus christ is against the forum rules. Oooops, I just realized that I ate it.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Sorry, F1NUT I was a few vodkas in watching Man on Fire when I wrote that response !!

hehehehe. Glad you posted that up SCG.

Now then I have not heard the newbs (our new family) stand up and say they want to come to PF06 to meet us. Maybe take a walk with me and Jersey Lou down by the canal. Now thats alot of Garbanza!!!!

So good luck with the sale SCG and I hope ESAVINON finds his way with these.

RT1
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    DiscoMike wrote:
    No problem Scott... I will have them on the top of the car, blasting it over your way (assuming that I dont get pulled over).
    Just don't go thru St. Louis...

I'm glad you like Polk Speakers. Great that you and ESAVINON get a chance to check the SRT's out. The intent of any warnings the vet's of the Forum made was simply to get any over-eager members not in the NYC vicinity to stop and think about the possibility of a scam here.

Should you stick around long enough to actually care about this Club, this forum and its members, maybe you'll do the same someday. But right now I'm not sure if you just like to stir the pot a little or are a putz ala a couple others raising irrelevant shite early in this thread.

Time will tell...

steadicamguy,
    Glad you are seeing things differently in the light of day.... and that the light is not splitting your head open like a melon under a Sledge-o-matic.

Good luck with your sale.
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    I proudly own polk audio speakers and have tracked their speakerlineup since the mid 80s when SDAs were all the rage.
    The putz factor can be saved for others. Just check out the other forums (and some in this thread) to see some real bickering going on which I find is a waste of time and resources.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2006
    SCG,

Thanks and the same back.

XOXO
    F1
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited February 2006
    For what it is worth there is an Srt center channel on ebay right now. no link or affiliation.
  • DiscoMike
    edited March 2006
    Yoink... Mine.
    Life sounds better with SRTs.
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited March 2006
    Congrats....

I have really enjoyed mine.

I swore to my wife this would be the last upgrade for a while but the bug is consuming me faster than ever as of late...
  • DiscoMike
    edited March 2006
    Thanks HP. The real reason for purchasing these speakers were to make my 8 Tracks sound almost as good as my cassettes and my phonograph sound almost as good as a turntable - with cartridge !!! WHOOO HOOO !!!