SDA 1Bs

criverajr
criverajr Posts: 1,675
Polksters,

Tried to talk my brother out of it but wants to sell these. These are in NJ so it will have to be a local pick-up only, he can also meet someone up to 100-125 miles away or 2 hour drive. They are in very good shape, all new (4) updated tweeters from polk and one extra, have not even been broken in yet, interconnect cable, and 4 original sl2000 tweets which he picked up for the speakers. These speaker were purchased from Ohskigod, he can vouch in what kind of shape their in. Each speakers has a ding in the back left hand corner of the speaker, can't be seen if looking right at speaker. Grills are in very good shape not perfect but no holes. They look very good. Asking 475.00 for everything, pictures to follow later on today. PM me or respond here if interested. Spots on pictures are from camera. *****************PRICE DROP**********************************
SALE PENDING
CRj :)
Post edited by criverajr on

Comments

• gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited February 2006
    Damn it Carlos! Can't you wait 'till I get back there to post this stuff. :D
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • criverajr
    edited February 2006
    Greg,

Give me a firm yes, and I will call him and tell him to hold them for you he is not even using them, this can be your homecoming present to yourself, you will love these. I'm sure with you back issues he can deliver them to PA, if that's where you decide to set up shop, let me know.

CRj
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    Want speakers out of the house, so here goes, have not heard from potential buyer in awhile so my brother is adament about getting rid of these. Monster speaker wire was sold so you get SDA1Bs 7.5/10 scale with updated tweeters & 1 extra replacement tweeter plus 4 sl200 tweeters, interconnect cable. Price drop to 475.00 pick up only in Union, NJ. Let me know. Will hit e-bay on Monday.

CRj
  • BSUfbfan
    BSUfbfan Posts: 201
    edited March 2006
    Boy, if I wasn't clear across the country I would buy those in a New Jersey minute. :(
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Same here. :(
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • JsTig
    JsTig Posts: 16
    edited March 2006
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    Pending Sale to JSTIG with a road trip, will keep you guys posted.

Carlos
  • Modvlar
    Modvlar Posts: 51
    edited March 2006
    I'm drooling!
    (and the wife is running to unplug my computer)
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited March 2006
    good on ya Jstig, those are great speakers your getting your hands on.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • gshisme
    gshisme Posts: 1,038
    edited March 2006
    Modvlar wrote:
    I'm drooling!

Yea, me too. I fooked up. Finally settled in and back online. Damn what a week!
    suds, suds and more suds!
  • JsTig
    edited March 2006
    Thanks ohskigod,
    My collection of SDA's has grown quite a bit in my short time since joining the forum.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    JsTig wrote:
    Thanks ohskigod,
    My collection of SDA's has grown quite a bit in my short time since joining the forum.
    In all 13 posts and one month? Dang, you move fast!

Lou,

I still get first dibs if you sell yours...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • JsTig
    edited March 2006
    Hi Polkies,

Road Trip on 3.14.06. See you tomorrow Carlos :D

For some strange reason I'm not being allowed to post a reply to this thread so I'll try and edit to tell my side of the story.

It's to late for me to post photos tonight but I'll surely do so tomorrow.
    Initially I contacted Carlos via PM asking could I speak to him over the phone vs pm of which we did. I told him I was wanting the speakers to replace some drivers in a set that I already own, which work perfectly fine but have cosmetic issues. I also stressed that I ONLY wanted them if they were good cosmetic shape and working order.
    Example poked in dust covers on Mids and scratched up Passive Radiators.
    I asked him to please confirm that the drivers were in good cosmetic shape and working order, as the photos are of such low res you can't tell by the photos in the original post. Carlos assured me they were just fine.

I told Carlos as soon as I saw the speakers removed form the car today that they surely were not in the condition he stated they were in over the phone. But after over 3.5 hours of driving for myself and 2.75 on Carlos behalf .......I felt pretty committed to buy them.

I'm not out to screw anyone here. I'll post the photos tomorrow and you can decide if you think they are in good condition.
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    :(

Here goes,

First let me start by saying I will let the buyer respond and in no way am I looking for a fight but I will seek advise from the Polkmasters.

I drive 2 3/4 hours to make this transaction, buyer stated speakers are not what he expected as the subs showsign of some scratches, said he specifically asked if they were damaged, I had said no they were perfect but not damaged, asked seller what he wanted to do, after talking for awhile said he would take them as he had driven 3 1/2 hours. Little voice inside of me said take speakers home with you and deal with someone local, but said this can;t be all bad he said he wanted them maybe for parts. Looks at the speakers grills off grills on, puts speakers in car leaves deal complete. NO
    I get a phone call some 5 hours later from buyer stating that when he got them home looked closely at mids and saw creases, creases I did not see when inspecting the speakers, I ask what do you mean a crease he said that looks like the mid were pushed in and then pulled out, I said that never happened while in my posession or my brothers, and when I looked them over and I did, I saw no creases. He wants to know what am I going to do to make things right, he wants 100.00 taken off the purchase price of 475.00, to make things right. Mind you he not only got the speakers but also 4 brand new replacement tweets, one extra replacement tweet, and 4 sl2000 tweets for this price. These speakers were purchased by me from Ohskigod in the same condition I got them is them is the same condition I sold them. Am I wrong the MO is here ready to go to the buyer, but I will seek a few opinions before I go ahead and mail this out or not.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    he inspected the speaker on site and then paid. How do you miss a crease on inspection. no 20 year old speaker is perfect like it came of the factory friggin floor. have him show a pic of what the hell he is talking about. If I inspect a speaker for purchase, I inspect carefully, to take responsibility of knowing what I pay for. This includes a 3 1/2 hr trip (which, ironically, I made when I grabbed these from Jdhdiggs in Troy PA) I looked em over, liked what I saw, paid the cash, and left (well I ate some pasta there, but then I left......but anyway)

something smells waaaaaaaaaaaay off here.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2006
    Buyers remorse :confused:
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    anonymouse wrote:
    Once he inspected and took possession the deal was done, unless the defect was non cosmetic or deliberately concealed. For a cosmetic defect, that should have been the buyers responsibility to identify and negotiate at the time of the transaction if in person.

couldnt have said it better myself. if he got the speaker back and it was sounding fuzzy/crackly, something you cant see, then maybe (since an on site demo was out of the question)

cosmetic issue that magically surfaces when you get home? WTF?!?!?
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2006
    Carlos, you did everything right.... he blows. The transition is over.. tell him to deal with it himself. he's just looking to take part of his money out of your hands. I would send him one more email or phone call...which ever way you guys handled the transition. and tell him he should have noticed it during the inspection.

after that.. your responsibility is over.. it's (and the speakers) are in his hands. So refuse to discuss it anymore.. don't answer the phone calls or his emails.

good luck. al
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2006
    Scratched passive radiator? Which 20 years old SDA does not have some? Dust covers? So how does this affect performance? $100??????

Sorry JsTig...you'll have to bite the bullet on this one. If you did not like the speakers while inspecting them, you should have called the deal off. Period.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    wants 20 year old speakers to have nary a mark on the drivers, flawless, like they rolled off the showroom floor. Not to mention Carlos just drove 3 hours to get the shaft. yeah, he got the money, but this is bullsh*t he shouldnt have to deal with after the effort he went through. Jstig, If I'm ever selling anything you want, dont even look or post, I wouldnt touch you with a 10 foot cattleprod!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    if anyone missed this post, Jstig admits to noticing whatever issue he is unhappy with upon initial inspection, but still paid for the spekaers. then he demands a refund when he gets home. This is beyond reprehensible to me. Am I coming out of left field here?
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38880
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited March 2006
    Sorry man. Deals done. Now if he took them home and the speakers were blown... ok, I can understand. But to say that NOW there's these creases in the midranges, no. I call foul and say keep the change.

BTW, that is officially the longest Club Polk run-on sentence. Congrats!!!
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    Guys,

Thanks for the reassurance, Let me explain the viewing procedure, I got to our agreed upon place pulled the speakers out of the car, and the first thing I did was pull the grills off, if I were hiding something would I do that, NO. After he looked at them he said I EXPECTED PERFECTION!!!, looked at the speakers, checked them out and again said I expected perfection, then said I may part them out I may keep them as is and make a project out of them and reveener them. In my post I said they were 7.5/10 on Audiogon scale, mint, no but not garbage either, these were Ohskigods, he can atest to this. Before we parted ways I said what do you want to do, he said I;ll take em. We then shot the breeze for about 1/2 hour got in our cars and left. When I get the call he said the mids have a crease, I said do they all work, he said they all work fine nothing is blown, they sound very good, but the mids have a crease. These were not shipped, these were hand delivered form Northern NJ to New Castle Delaware, expected by the buyer and then I get this, I am sick to my stomach, on this board I have dealt with alot of people and sold alot of stuff, never a complaint, and I try to be more than fair as I feel my word is my bond. it may sound corney but that's the way I was raised. My brother is besides himself, what he saids is not allowed to be repeated on this board. I just don't know. Saturday afternoon I purchased a set of mint cherry LSi15's and handed them over to my brother, check the feed back on Audiogon under jefferson242, do I need to drive 150 miles to screw a guy for 475.00 for some speakers with extra parts, interconnect cable and such, I think not. Again all of this is after a physical expection by the buyer in a hugh parking lot, with just him, me and 2 cop cars sitting maybe 50 feet away.
  • BSUfbfan
    BSUfbfan Posts: 201
    edited March 2006
    Dude, for the deal you just made ($475), you should just be grinning from ear-to-ear. I have been looking for those speakers for a year, and would have paid that much for bone-stock, let alone complete with 5 replacement tweets...:mad: Drive em' out west and I'll give you $700 for em'.

I know you want drivers in good shape, but everything is relative, these speakers are over 20 friggin years old. Have you seen the passive radiators that bubble up? Surface scratches are nothin man. And the dust-caps, these things never looked perfect from the factory. They were set in-place by hand and glued with a manual glue-gun. Hell, if it's that big of a deal just buy one replacement mid and you are still way ahead on this purchase IMHO.
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited March 2006
    Carlos,

I think the 7.5 rating was too high. I would have rated those at best 6.5 when I sold them to Lou. As Lou can tell you, I made sure he knew EVERY flaw on those speakers before he visited and while he was there. I doubt their condition has improved passing through 3 additional moves.

That being said, with the additional drivers and the guy inspecting on-site, well, tough crap for him. Something so bad that he needs $100 off should have been found without looking very hard.

The worst part about all this is these speakers are now forever "out of the family". I know of at least 6 "elder" or "hard-core" members have had these pass through their hands and now the line looks to be broken....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    jdhdiggs,

The rating was based on the 4 new tweets and after noting the 2 corners not being square in the back of the speaker. My rating was fair in my opinion, for those reasons. But you also need to remember these were not shipped, these were delivered and inspected by the buyer, in daylight for as long as he needed to inspect them. If he had said to me he did not want them I would have put them back in the car and took them home, no problem, no fuss. The other stuff is just not right. SOOOOOOOOOOO, I will make it right. See my next post.
  • criverajr
    edited March 2006
    Here is the deal to buyer and any other established polk member

1. I will refund all of the money to the buyer. I don't need the **** for 475.00 dollars, not even worth it.

2. I would like to 200.00 for the speakers if the person makes arrangements with the buyer to pick them up, that price includes everything I gave to the buyer. The speakers with the upgraded tweeters, the extra new tweeter, the 4 sl2000 tweeters, and the interconnect cable.

3. Just try to work it out with the buyer as I don't want to deal with him.

4. Original buyer put my name on your ignore list, please don't post on any thread you see my name and we will be fine. The high road looks mighty good for me.

5. (gshisme)Greg in NJ, since you were the the first to inquire the price for you is 100.00 if you make arrangements to pick them up from this guy.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Carlos,

I think the 7.5 rating was too high. I would have rated those at best 6.5 when I sold them to Lou. As Lou can tell you, I made sure he knew EVERY flaw on those speakers before he visited and while he was there. I doubt their condition has improved passing through 3 additional moves.

That being said, with the additional drivers and the guy inspecting on-site, well, tough crap for him. Something so bad that he needs $100 off should have been found without looking very hard.

The worst part about all this is these speakers are now forever "out of the family". I know of at least 6 "elder" or "hard-core" members have had these pass through their hands and now the line looks to be broken....

I consider those ratings to be subjective. 6 or 7 is pretty much the same to me in regards to what I expect out of used equipment looks wise. I am far more concerned by function, but thats just me.

of course, the physical assessment by the buyer for quite some time makes it a moot point anyway.

The "out of family" thing is a shame. would have been far better if the member indeed became part of the "family" instead of freaking out about such little things, and acting despicably because of it, but i certainly hold no ill will toward Carlos for it. I had these things for sale local only for a loooong time before I went to Audiogon, and even then, Carlos was the one that took it. Local sale up here lately has been tight, I got no movement on my LS90's unless I want to ship.

I see this is eating Carlos up, and I think that flat out sux. He went well above the call of DUty by driving 3 hours for delivery and looking at the pics and description, I feel it was more than a fair representation of the speakers

How do you demand "Perfection" out of 20 year old used speaks? Its just unreasonable in my opinion. Want perfection, buy New. Want your $ to go a long way and dont mind used stuff, then buy used. Its not Rocket science were talkin about here
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited March 2006
    When he personally inspected them and agreed to buy the deal was almost done; the caveat being---that they were "functionally" as described, which they were as he verified that they worked properly.

It's up to you if you want to show him any love on that deal, I don't feel you have an obligation.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    criverajr wrote:
    Here is the deal to buyer and any other established polk member

1. I will refund all of the money to the buyer. I don't need the **** for 475.00 dollars, not even worth it.

2. I would like to 200.00 for the speakers if the person makes arrangements with the buyer to pick them up, that price includes everything I gave to the buyer. The speakers with the upgraded tweeters, the extra new tweeter, the 4 sl2000 tweeters, and the interconnect cable.

3. Just try to work it out with the buyer as I don't want to deal with him.

4. Original buyer put my name on your ignore list, please don't post on any thread you see my name and we will be fine. The high road looks mighty good for me.

5. (gshisme)Greg in NJ, since you were the the first to inquire the price for you is 100.00 if you make arrangements to pick them up from this guy.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this, solely from a "you should not have to do this" standpoint. I do respect where it is coming from though.

I hope this isnt motivated by the keep it in the family thing. Of course, as Polkies, we strive to keep things in house. Actually, you did keep it in house. You sold to a forum member (albeit a new one). You had no idea he would turn out to be a putz, I would very well have made the same decisions you did.

maybe this whole thing is bothering me way more than it should.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -