Panasonic?

Options
POLKOROLLA
POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
edited March 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Panasonic HUs. I am looking between this one and a couple of Pioneer/Premier units, but I really like the three 5V preouts on this one. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-kvkTHcyXT8Z/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=133c7401
Post edited by POLKOROLLA on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Panasonic makes great units! They dont carry the presitge of Eclipse or Pioneer Premier and they dont have the best features for SQ (they have quite a few but are mostly presets) but they are built well, do have a ton of features and look cool too.

Id have no problem running one.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm unsure of the build quality, etc., but I like the look of that one. The black chrome/blue lights look pretty sleek. Does it display the song titles, or is it just the folder #/track #?
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • POLKOROLLA
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure about the display. I have been more concerned with the features and sound quality than display while I have been looking. I will look into that and let you know.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2006
    Options
    ... and 2 year ago when i said panasonic was starting to build very nice head units that were cheap and effective, ya'll said i was fulla it.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited March 2006
    Options
    If it has the features that you like, I would say go for it.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • POLKOROLLA
    edited March 2006
    Options
    well the features are there, i just wanted to get some opinions about the panasonic brand in general, and make sure that these features are high quality
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited March 2006
    Options
    i have an el-cheapo model panasonic in the cadillac... very basic... i believe 2 years ago it was the lowest model panasonic that played mp3 discs... put about 135 bucks on it.

i have no complaints... its no world beater, but at $135, i didn't expect it to be... twin 2.5 volt outs, mp3 capability, bass, mid, trebble adjustment... gets the job done... never skips, and considering the suspension (springs, the shocks are new) is 30 years old, thats saying something.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I'd stay away from Panasonic. I've got one in my car right now for HD Radio listening purposes, and its a piece. Just about every third time I hit track forward, it makes a nice hissing sound until I hit track backward or track forward. There are many other minor issues I've had with it too.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • 98thumpin
    98thumpin Posts: 649
    edited March 2006
    Options
    i love the panasonic head units i have a Panasonic CQ-C9701U in my car 35watt x 4 rms and 70w x 4 peak power 5 volt preouts, 3 sets of preouts awesome looks great performance.
    John Tyler Birch

home audio system:

Denon avr-1907
    Sony dvd/cd changer 5 disc
    nakamichi BX-100 tape deck
    2 Polk Audio monitor 70's
    Velodyne DPS-12 subwoofer
    RCA TV
    NAK 600 tape deck
    Monster power line conditioning power center