FS: Energy C1 bookshelf speakers

Options
MSkeezer
MSkeezer Posts: 1,183
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
$140 shipped.

They're in excellent condition. The plastic covering around the binding posts are somewhat cracked, but do not affect connection or sound. Will pack safely and securely. Just let me know if you're interested.

Thomas

Link to review: http://202.186.86.35/audio/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2003/1/2/audiofile/02energy&sec=audiofile
Post edited by MSkeezer on

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited March 2006
    Options
    MSkeezer wrote:
    ...but do affect connection or sound....

Is it safe to assume you meant "do not"?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • MSkeezer
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Yes, it's safe to assume that :) Fixed lol...
  • MSkeezer
    edited March 2006
    Options
    On second thought, I'm gonna keep 'em. I picked up a KEF KHT1005 set at Ultimate Electronics for $250. I was going to return the Energy speakers I recently purchased and use the KEFs instead. With the money saved, I was going to install a nice car stereo system(Polk, of course :) ). I hooked up the KEFs and thought they sounded pretty good. Then I hooked the Energys back up, and there just wasn't a comparion. The Connoisseurs were bigger and better in every way. I just knew I wouldn't be as happy with those little egg speakers as I am with my Connoisseurs.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Are these the Energys that you got on e-bay a month or so ago? Did you just buy that Carver 405? Good choice to keep 'em and grab that Carver cheap...
  • MSkeezer
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Yep same ones. I did get that Carver. I just couldn't pass on that price. It may not a HUGE improvement, but it should give me more power which is what I want. And it'll look pretty on my rack :)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Let me know how the Carver works out - I have been tracking 405 and 505's for a while.
  • MSkeezer
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Will do. I really wanted that 505, but I've spent too much on this stuff already. Good luck with your search ;)
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Was the Kef on closeout? I haven't been in Ultimate since I moved back to Iowa, but I had heard they were dropping Kef in favor of Mirage, Energy's sister company.