Want SDA-CRS+ or SDA 2's

Options
BSUfbfan
BSUfbfan Posts: 201
edited March 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey all,

I have a 75x2 Parasound amplifier, and I'm looking for some CRS+ with factory stands preferably or any of the smaller SDA's that will run off of that kind of power (such as SDA-2's or SDA-1's)
Thanks
SDA SRS 2.3
Post edited by BSUfbfan on

Comments

• trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2006
    Options
    I have both.

Where are you located?

-Luc
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Luc is hardcore...and he should be moving the excess anyways.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Yeah, we wouldn't want people to horde things that they liked. ;)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BSUfbfan
    edited March 2006
    Options
    trubluluc,

Sorry, I need to update my profile. I'm in Meridian, Idaho.

Do you have pic's, and what are you looking for price-wise with shipping?

How much power do you think it would take to run the larger SDA-1's?

Thanks.

Mike
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • trubluluc
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Yes, Mark and Troy know me too well; I sort of had/have a SDA addiction, which btw I'm working on. I am turning my back bedroom, which until recently was a speaker warehouse, into an office, so some of them have to go.

I have a nice pair of SDA 2A's in light Oak for sale,
    but it would be for local pickup, as I don't have the boxes,
    and they'd be a job to wrap and protect from the boys in brown.
    I'd want $325. for them, with cable.
    I am still kind of attached to my sda crs+, but....well, you know.

-Luc
  • BSUfbfan
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Luc,

I can understand you being attached to your SDA-CRS+

How do you compare the sound of the CRS+ to the SDA-2's? I know the driver compliment is similar, with a little larger woofer in the 2's, but what is your opinion. The room i'm going to put the new speakers in is pretty large, so I am concerned about CRS+ maybe not being large enough.

Picking the 2's up in the bay area would be tough for me, but I have a friend driving from Idaho to L.A. in a couple of weeks, and I'll ask how far out of the way it would be for him.

Thanks.
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • trubluluc
    edited March 2006
    Options
    BSUfbfan-

My attachment is really to their size rather than their sound.
    As I planned to use them as center channels in a SDA theater setup. They are great little speakers....well, as little as SDA's get.
    The 2's put out much more sound, they are quite a bit larger with a larger passive radiator, an extra driver and tweeter per speaker.
    They are a great looking speaker in the light oak, and comparably a good value.

-Luc

Here's a link to a picture I posted awhile ago, the 2's are in the very front, and the crs+ are on top of the 1C's

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10177&d=1122855732
    BSUfbfan wrote:
    Luc,
    How do you compare the sound of the CRS+ to the SDA-2's? I know the driver compliment is similar, with a little larger woofer in the 2's, but what is your opinion. The room i'm going to put the new speakers in is pretty large, so I am concerned about CRS+ maybe not being large enough.

Thanks.
  • BSUfbfan
    edited March 2006
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!! Now that is a collection..........:eek:

You have any idea why in the later series of SDA-2's they dropped the unecessary tweeter AND one of the mids? Seems as though there would have been better punch in the PR if they would have left the 3 drivers.

Anyway, nice stuff you have there. I would LOVE those SDA-2's, just what i'm looking for. I'll have to see what I can do about getting someone there. If not, depending on your willingness, I'd be willing to throw a fairly substantial amount of money at packaging/shipping......:D

Any chance you want to let go of one of the pairs of 1C's?

Let me know,

Mike
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Mike,

I know I'm a little biased here... but, I've owned both the CRS+ and the SDA 2's. They are both very similar speakers. Both have just about equal sound output and are both quite capable of really putting out a lot of sound with very deep bass. For some reason, the CRS+ is a unique & amazing little speaker.

The bass seems deeper. The SDA imaging from the little CRS+ is top notch and very impressive. SDA imaging is the real strength of the little CRS+.

I have the CRS+ and the Monitor 10's. The CRS+ is by far the finer speaker. The sound is clearer (better crossover network). The bass is better on the CRS+ than the monitor 10 also.

Both the SDA2 and the CRS+ are out-classed by the 1C's and larger speakers.

The CRS+ is also a little more rare than the SDA2.

FYI

Ron Skarvan
  • Loud & Clear
    Loud & Clear Posts: 1,538
    edited March 2006
    Options
    That's a gorgeous collection, Luc. Hopefully someone will start the thinning of that herd soon, if not for their own best interests than to reduce my jealousy. Come on, someone poach those suckers and then we can move on the next pair ;>}.

Two Channel Setup:

Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 2-3
    Integrated Amp: Krell S-300i
    DAC: Arcam irDac
    Source: iMac
    Remote Control: iPad Mini

3.2 Home Theater Setup:

Fronts: Klipsch RP-160M
    Center: Klipsch RP-160M
    Subwoofer: SVS PB12NSD (X 2)
    AVR: Yamaha Aventage RX-A2030
    Blu Ray: Sony BDP-S790
    TV Source: DirecTV Genie
  • trubluluc
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Hi Mike-

Without factory boxes and packaging, I'm very hesitant to ship something, sometimes even that doesn't protect them.
    I would have to get a lot of bubble wrap and a couple of very large boxes to ship them in.
    But anything is possible, it would just be easier and less expensive for a local pickup.

I may be willing to part with a pair of 1C's, but at that point shipping would not be an option, as they are too big.

-Luc

BSUfbfan wrote:

If not, depending on your willingness, I'd be willing to throw a fairly substantial amount of money at packaging/shipping......:D

Any chance you want to let go of one of the pairs of 1C's?

Let me know,

Mike
  • trubluluc
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Mike-

As I haven't heard from you, I'm assuming Ron has finally found someone to sell his CRS's to.
    While I agree that they are great little speakers, SDA
    towers will put out more sound and hit lower.
    Still, you will enjoy them, as the SDA effect is there for sure.

-Luc
  • BSUfbfan
    edited March 2006
    Options
    trubluluc wrote:
    Mike-

As I haven't heard from you, I'm assuming Ron has finally found someone to sell his CRS's to.
    While I agree that they are great little speakers, SDA
    towers will put out more sound and hit lower.
    Still, you will enjoy them, as the SDA effect is there for sure.

-Luc

Yes, I have finally upgraded from my 18 year old 5b's to the CRS+. I did want something a little larger than the CRS (and with more drivers than the SDA-2b's), but I couldn't find anything close to where I live, and everyone was extremely nervous to ship them out and trust the guys in brown.

I'll try these for a while, and if they don't do the trick, I'll load up my flat-bed and drive to the bay area for those 1C's......;)
    SDA SRS 2.3
  • trubluluc
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Sounds Good Mike!

When you get here, I'll have some cold ones waiting.

All the best,

-Luc
  • housedj
    housedj Posts: 44
    edited March 2006
    Options
    trubluluc PM sent
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2006
    Options
    One set of black CRS+ speakers with original polk stands have now shipped to BSUfbfan. These are the same speakers that I purchased a few years back from Hoosier21. ENJOY!
  • BSUfbfan
    edited March 2006
    Options
    Thanks to rskarvan for the smooth purchase and the fair deal, and thanks to everyone else for their input and information. I am glad to have purchased from another "polkie" rather than from ebay. I really can't wait to listen to these bad boys after 18 years with the Monitor 5b's.

This Forum is truly great. Thanks all.
    SDA SRS 2.3