LS90, CS350, RT55 fire sale!!!!!

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,500
edited March 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
************************LAST PRICE DROP************************************
LS90 - 300.00 local pick up only

7 to 8 out of 10 on the audiogon scale for age only. no glaring issues in perofrmance or presentation, ebony finish. In theory, I should make sure I like the LSi in theater before I get rid of these, but Carpe Diem I always say. Used these in the theater for over a year I believe. performed flawlessly. Loud and clean. I've never heard these things break up, I chicken out long before they give up!

Cs350 - 120.00 local p/u only

7 - 8 out of 10 agon for age. great shape, easily livingroom presentable as the LS90's are. timbre matched for the 90's

RT55 (not the i) - 175.00 local

7 out of 10 on audiogon some small blemishes and paint marks (were near the wall during a repaint) barely worth mentioning but I like to be thorough. I could probably clean it easily if I wasnt lazy. drivers and performance are flawless. do a search here on the sight, these things are well thought of by many. I have had these since new (1999) used in 2 channel in the beginning, and as surounds for nearly 3 years. I will miss these, but will only take up room under my new plan.

all 8 ohm friendly, seperate amplification will make them sound better, but you can do a reciever on these without fear of a meltdown, as long as your not a complete idiot with the volume knob

If I wasnt going LSi, I would keep these and be happy as a clam. The sound kicks ****, and going LSi is the only way I can think of to significantly upgrade and not bankrupt myself. I would put this set up against any RTi combo with more than enough confidence (including the new RTi line). all other things being equal. (possible exeption of the rt 5000 package, which I never heard, and will cost you a hell of a lot more than 800 on the used market)

you can see pics in my system showcase
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=49694

keep in mind, the theater amplification might be up for sale soon too :)
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited March 2006
    Polksters,

These were mind and I got them from the original owner, a doctor who purchased them and really never used them, buy with confidence can't do better for a package. Will hand any RTi series out to dry, I had both.

Crj
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited March 2006
    Someone here is 2/3rds there way to an RT5000 line. I wonder if Ohskigod would put his system up to an SRT system and compare. Hmmmmmm.....
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    DiscoMike wrote:
    Someone here is 2/3rds there way to an RT5000 line. I wonder if Ohskigod would put his system up to an SRT system and compare. Hmmmmmm.....

2/3rds? oh cmon, I'll go with 7/8ths ;)

the whole SRT system? that I'll roll with 2/3rds on
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited March 2006
    I've never heard a speaker made by Polk that I like better than the LS90, but that's just my opinion...

You might want to hang on to those LS90s until you get the LSi, just in case...
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited March 2006
    There are others I "like" better, but the 90's can flat out crank... I'd do 'em if I was local.

Great price on the 350. Nice, low-profile center there...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    Tour2ma wrote:
    but the 90's can flat out crank...

no truer words spoken, these things can pump out more than most can take.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited March 2006
    By next week I should have a full blown SRT System. Im 1/2 way there with the centre channel. When it was out, Polk used the LS/FX as the rear channels for the SRT system. I went from LS/FX to FX1000 in the living room because its a better speaker. I am using the LS/FX in the bedroom until I get another FX1000. (Technically I have the RT5000 spread acrosss 2 rooms, which would mean next week I would have an SRT system across 2 rooms. Ironic, isnt it ?)
  • Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    no truer words spoken, these things can pump out more than most can take.
    Yeppers...

wallstreet (AKA Walter, who seldom posts anymore), left his at Russman's with a bunch of half drunk crazies the first night of Texas PF-II. We Sunfired 'em to levels that cleared the block of all vermin. Then Walter came back and turned them up even more... :eek:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited March 2006
    The only LS model I respect, the LS90....MUCH respect after TPGII.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    Totowa, NJ :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    big price drop before they go to audiogon

LS90 - 350.00
    CS350 - 150.00
    RT55 - 200.00
    700.00, but will do 600 total for anyone who wants to take them all in one shot.

these prices for polkies only, will not go to audiogon at that price :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• Tour2ma
    edited March 2006
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Man...I'd love to have those LS90's to play around with. I think I need to get a job...:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    edited March 2006
    Are you willing to consider shipping the LS-90's? I will take them if so. I'd even be willing to take the CS-350LS as well if that would help although my main interest is the 90's.

If shipping is definitely out is there anybody who will be traveling from the NJ area to NC that would be willing to transport them? I live in the Raleigh area.

Steve
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    not willing to ship at the moment. they are big, I dont have boxes, and I have never shipped speakers before. I might cave on this, I dont know. but for now, no.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• decato
    decato Posts: 180
    edited March 2006
    Hi,
    My father and I are interested in coming over to take a look. We're in West Paterson.

I'll send you a PM as well.
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    sure bud, the PM didnt go through, but my email is Ohskigod@yahoo.com. email me and well get together. west paterson? hell, you can walk to my house if you wanted :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• decato
    decato Posts: 180
    edited March 2006
    ohskigod wrote:
    sure bud, the PM didnt go through, but my email is Ohskigod@yahoo.com. email me and well get together. west paterson? hell, you can walk to my house if you wanted :D

OK, email sent!
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    ***still for sale***
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• simm
    edited March 2006
    Not to beat a dead horse but I would still really like the LS-90's if you can find a way to ship them. I know without original packaging it would be a PIA but it is possible.

I had a pair of LS-70's I sold through the flea market back in 1999 and although I love and still have the speakers I replaced them with I still feel like kicking my self in the a$$ for selling them. I remember auditioning the LS-90's at the same time I bought my -70's and being blown away but I couldn't afford them at the time.
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited March 2006
    Around here Staples will pack anything for $5 + the cost of the box, you get your item bubble wrapped (several wraps on request) and placed in a sturdy box full of peanuts. This particular Staples is an authorized UPS shipping location, I don’t know if they all are. Purchase the shipping insurance and if UPS beats up your item Staples will pay since they did the packing (I think that’s the way it works).

Might be something to think about with the 55’s and 350 if the buyer is willing to absorb the extra cost.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited March 2006
    Thats interesting. I would never trust UPS's or FedEx's insurance policy since I've read so many times how they deny everything and won't compensate for damages, but by going through Staples you wouldn't be relying on UPS. I wonder how well Staples stands behind that insurance policy. From my experience, Staples is very concerned with keeping its customers happy.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    if no locals soon, I might keep this in mind, stay tuned.

shame no one around here will take these. its practically a steal, especially as a package.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• soiset
    soiset Posts: 724
    edited March 2006
    I'm interested in that CS350, but you'd have to ship!
  • simm
    edited March 2006
    You're right that is a steal on those speakers and I am surprised no one has picked them up yet.

I understand not wanting to risk shipping them, although I hope you change your mind. :)
  • ohskigod
    edited March 2006
    final price drop, if they dont sell, I'm just gonna keep em. after Reeltrouble's speaker shipping horror story, it just aint worth shipping em and having problems.

LS90 - 300.00
    CS350 - 120.00
    RT55 - 175.00

if no one buys, then thank god I have a big house, because I'm keeping em
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -