WTB: Polk Audio R20 speakers

Options
steve4459
steve4459 Posts: 24
edited February 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Looking for a pair of Polk Audio R20 bookshelf speakers.

Thanks, Steve
Post edited by steve4459 on

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Options
    R20 are SOLD.

Hello I am interested in your want to buy ad. If you are interested in buying a set of R20 I have a pair in Polk Boxes. Just let me know if your interested and how much you thought you might be interested in paying for them. I suppose you can send me a PM stating this.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Well, got your PM, and sent a reply answering your questions steve4459, in the past some guys would likely post up and say it would be OK to buy from me, or buy with confidence that sort of stuff. Sort of a community thing, but now, well, it does not take a community to sell a pair a speakers to anyone, so I guess we are just on our own. Besides I guess it leads to less "clutter" its not nice to have any clutter messing up a thread now.

See the Rules.

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Well, Steve and I are locked in intense PM negotiations, very hush hush behind the scenes stuff. One thing the little 1000 charachter thing is a bit of problem for a "running" conversation.

I know it aint much peeps but its all I got.

I wonder if Psychic Interest counts???????

RT1

RT1
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the update.....can you leak any of the details or this highly guarded negotiation? Annoymous of course :D . Where did I put that damn decoder ring?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Another doubt I have on the rules; Is the seller allowed to share the "status" of the "operation" so that other curious people like myself know what's going on??

Thanks RT1; if you are allowed, please continue to let us know how things are going.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I feel so all "alone" in here, I may need to up the prozac. All I can say is we are locked in the "sheckel stare down". I have reason to believe Steve is consulting with his highest level advisors regarding several optional scenario's.

I will be heading to the Dark Side of the Moon and will be out of contact for several hours. If the deal gets "consumated" I will then report all the details. Until then I am not able to discuss specifics.

RT1
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2006
    Options
    you guys are acting like little kids about the flea mkt rules...
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Ricardo
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Well, I certainly feel like a little kid :)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • steve4459
    edited February 2006
    Options
    We are just about finished with negotiations. Will any of you guys give the thumbs up on reeltrouble1? I read the sellers list and he seems to be reputable.

Thanks, Steve
  • heiney9
    edited February 2006
    Options
    steve4459 wrote:
    We are just about finished with negotiations. Will any of you guys give the thumbs up on reeltrouble1? I read the sellers list and he seems to be reputable.

Thanks, Steve

Unless we are directly involved with the sale we can't comment. We've been following the rules to a T so far. :D:D Besides I'm just a little kid what do I know :p

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    edited February 2006
    Options
    steve4459 wrote:

Thanks, Steve

Sorry...can't do. Use your grown up criteria.

SOPA
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Oh I would think if the buyer asked for comments about the prospective seller then it would be germain to the thread. You know I could of played the somebody done somebody wrong song on someone, their is no way for the new person to know. We only have "good" feedback in the list. Yes, this is just wonderful, see, now the older member really has no way to give the new buyer some peace of mind through actual word vouchering.

See, so here the new guy wants the speaks, I have the speaks, we are agreed on price, but their is just a little doubt in his mind. I mean the disclaimer is loud and clear it says Buyer Beware and Polk takes no responsibility, well they really should not, and that is where the Seniors came in, He cant get a good sense of me, you cant of him, because its all hush hush pm, who said what?, who is going to do what? when are they going to do it. Yada yada yada, I am really just blowing smoke now.

Its ridiculous. I tried this and I dont like it. Oh, I suspect Steve and I we will make a deal, but as far as the FM well, I have reservations about it ever being what it was again. A fun place where polkies hung out and looked out for polkies and gave other polkies good deals if they new what was good for them.

RT1

I have been wrong many times, I hope I am this time.

Steve I sent the pics you asked for, if you have any questions please let me know.

Please excuse my clutter. The word police are after me.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Just so I won't break any forum rules....I'm interested! I'm just not sure what I'm interested in....

Reeltrouble1 is a great seller to do business with (I should know - I keep THE LIST) and I'm almost positive he has not shot anyone this week.

Will that work for a recommendation Ted?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steve4459
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Thanks Shack, its nice to know someone is looking out for us new guys.

Reeltrouble1, thanks to you too, its been great dealing with you!!!

Steve
  • heiney9
    edited February 2006
    Options
    So I see how this works...we get to see the beginning (when the request/sale is posted) and the end (when everyone say's thanks got the item) but nothing inbetween. Kinda like watching the first and last 5 minutes of a movie....not very entertaining.

H9
  • steve4459
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sorry I did not give more of a play by play but, "I did not want to make a comment to anyone who is not directly involved with the sale". I don't want to break any rules around here!!! Besides, I always thought it was a good idea to keep the "little kids" in the dark on top secret issues. LOL

Steve
  • heiney9
    edited February 2006
    Options
    steve4459 wrote:
    Sorry I did not give more of a play by play but, "I did not want to make a comment to anyone who is not directly involved with the sale". I don't want to break any rules around here!!! Besides, I always thought it was a good idea to keep the "little kids" in the dark on top secret issues. LOL

Steve

Stick around, I think you'll fit right in around here. :D

H9
  • steve4459
    edited February 2006
    Options
    If we can't have a little fun, why bother, right?

Steve
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    R20 are sold

They awoke last night from extended hibernation.

RT1
  • steve4459
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Ok kiddies, I finally have some information on mine and reeltrouble1's top secret speaker transaction. The R20's arrived at my house today!!! Reeltroubles packing was perfect to say the least.I think reeltrouble must secretly work for Polk Audio and they are still producing these speakers, because they look like they came directly from the Polk factory brand new!!! They sound awesome and blend in with the rest of my setup perfectly!!! Reeltrouble was a pleasure to deal with through this whole transaction, I highly recommend reeltrouble1 as a great seller, and I would buy from him again in a heartbeat!!! Thanks for everything RT!!!

Steve
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Sweet. And let's hope no other transactions happen this way, though it was kinda fun reading through all that. But it's just a lot more efficient to throw it all out there in public in the forum instead of using PM's, and there's also a lot more of a chance for CP in general to police deals to make sure nobody gets a bum deal.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • reeltrouble1
    edited February 2006
    Options
    eh, that was the point of all the sarcasm... I am all for public member scrutiny of FM transactions.

Steve was excellent to deal with, a good new member who followed through on his end. +1 sent to Shack.

RT1