SACD 1m Cables NEEDED

Options
drew spelts
drew spelts Posts: 310
edited February 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I only need one set of decent to high quality SACD cables. They only need to be one meeter long but would settle for 2 meters. MONSTER, Acoustic Research, and any other brand should work fine.
Thanks,
Drew
Harman Kardon AVR635
RTi10's Up Front
CSi5 Center
RTi6's Rear Surround
Furman RA-1210:rolleyes:
Post edited by drew spelts on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited February 2006
    Options
    www.signalcable.com

Just get some Analog 1....$36@1M shipped....w/ kick-**** Scosche terminations.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • drew spelts
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Um that puts me at around a $100 just for SACD I would need 3 pairs of these.
    Harman Kardon AVR635
    RTi10's Up Front
    CSi5 Center
    RTi6's Rear Surround
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2006
    Options
    You said one set....not a 5.1 set. Just get something real cheap from Radio Shack and you'll be fine.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2006
    Options
    This may be stupid, but just what exactly are 'SACD' cables?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2006
    Options
    They are just analog cables used on the 5.1 outputs of a SACD or DVD-A player.
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2006
    Options
    What distinguishes analog cables from analog cables used for SACD players? Or are they identical, and thus the terms can be used interchangeable?
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited February 2006
    Options
    they're identical no difference. Just marketing b.s.

i use 8 Fusions and 2 y-adapters for my "7.1" SACD output and it sounds just fine.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • audiobliss
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Usually when I hear SACD cables I just interpret it to mean 5.1 analog cables (whereas when someone just says analog cables I assume 2, not 6).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2006
    Options
    aaharvel wrote:
    they're identical no difference. Just marketing b.s.

i use 8 Fusions and 2 y-adapters for my "7.1" SACD output and it sounds just fine.

Where's the marketing BS? It's just a term referencing the outputs and the cables needed....not a specific type of cable.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I have a handfull of monster cable interconnects I bought way back. I think they were $40 for each pair of two channels new. Obviously I would make you a good deal on them if they look as good as I remember. I'll look tonite to see what I have.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,216
    edited February 2006
    Options
    If you just want to get 3 pair of stereo cables that match, check out this link:
    Accessories4less
    They have reasonable prices and reasonable shipping. I've bought a slew of stuff from them and its all been decent quality. I'm especially pleased with the AR ProII cables.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • aaharvel
    edited February 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    Where's the marketing BS? It's just a term referencing the outputs and the cables needed....not a specific type of cable.
    Just wanted to make it clear to the guy that he doesn't have to buy cables that are called "SACD cables" regardless of what the dealer will try to sell him on-- Believe me- Once I almost told a Rat-Shack guy who tried to sell me on Monster "Component Video" and "Digital Coax" cables that he was full of ****.

These "speciality" cables are nothing more than regular red/white/yellow interconnects with different labeling and i.d. coloring stripe. Save your money. Get 3 sets of quality red/white analog interconnects. :)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • aaharvel
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I took this example from RadioShack.com. The lone cable is labeled with a purple stripe and is called a "Digital Coax." It's a 4ft. model and costs $25. From the same store, you can get 3 of the identical cable, length and all- only they're labeled Audio/Video and have a red, white and yellow stripe. $20.

sorry this is just one issue that pisses me off. The primary reason why companies like Monster can kiss my ****.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,216
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Actually, I've looked closely at the construction of the various cables throughout the years. I can offer this. In every instance I've compared cables from the same manufacturer, the Digital Coax and Coax/Composite VIDEO cables are the same except for lableling; however, the audio cables are slightly different from the dig coax/video, but again, among the audio cables, the construction is identical.

Usually the Dig coax and the Video cables have a single thick center wire with serveral layers of shielding including a braided copper or aluminum mesh as one of the shielding layers.
    The Audio cables often used a twisted pairs instead.
    See the difference in these diagrams:
    Stereo Cables
    Digital Coax
    Composite Video
    5.1 Audio Cables

You can see the 5.1 is just 6 separate cables that match the construction of the stereo pair.
    The Video and Dig Coax are identical, but I've found the video cable is usually significantly cheaper to buy.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • madmax
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Here you go, a complete set of Monster interlink 250 cables. I bought them a long time ago, used them for a few months and they have been in storage ever since.

$30 shipped.

madmax

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • drew spelts
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Awsome.... Thanks madmax your my hero. Just pm me with your address and I will send out a money order by monday. Thanks for the "Fair" price, I really appriciate it because my hours at work are cut back due to circumstances beyond my controll. Drew
    Harman Kardon AVR635
    RTi10's Up Front
    CSi5 Center
    RTi6's Rear Surround
  • madmax
    edited February 2006
    Options
    PM sent.
    madmax