FS: Onkyo Integra amp/preamp

TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
For your consideration:

Onkyo Integra M-506RS Super Servo Stereo Amplifier (says so right on the front)

130wpc (if I correctly recall) dual mono construction. One HEFTY and cool amp. A/B speaker connections. Big honkin' V/U meters. Been running it in the big rig and it peforms with zero issues. Also, selectable dual voltage (in case you have to flee the country, your amp will still work) Cosmetically in good shape, no major nicks or scratches (dusty). The laminate on the side rails is intact but will peel up but I'll do my best to secure that for you. What else you need to know??

300 shipped lower 48.

Onkyo Integra P-306RS

Full function preamp with MM/MC phono stage WITH selectable impedance AND adjustable subsonic filter. How cool is THAT?? Plenty of inputs and flexibility to do what you need to do. Only issue that I can find is that the stereo/mono switch doesn't work. It plays in stereo so, for me, no issue. Cosmetically good. Some rack rash but nothing terrible. The lamiate on the side rails shows some bubbling, if need be, I'll take more pics for you. Anyhow, GREAT sounding pre, the phono stage is outstanding.

100 shipped lower 48.

If interested, post or PM me.....

Thanks!

BDT
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by TroyD on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2006
    Does the pre amp have a remote? Can I ask this kind of question?

Edit: Rule #3 says, "If you are interested, you may ask any question that is unclear from the original post." So, I'm good.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited February 2006
    that depends.

)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited February 2006
    F1nut wrote:

I think you have just been banned, I'll report you and find out.

I love gear with Vu meters....cool factor.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    No remote on the pre.....

V/U meters give me major wood.

Now, if you A-holes aren't looking to line my pockets, then vanish! I'm trying to conduct a sale here!! :D:D:D

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2006
    Thanks Troy, I need a remote, so I'll pass. Good luck with the sale.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited February 2006
    dorokusai wrote:
    I think you have just been banned, I'll report you and find out.

I love gear with Vu meters....cool factor.

Doro, always the rebel...and I dig that about you baby. See you on the other side...LMFAO!!!

Oh, wait, can I have do-over? I've got something I've gotta sell...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    Steve,

I thought you were a stickler for the rules? :D

BDT
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited February 2006
    I'm a stickler for people using common sense. The "rules" were an unfortunate means to an end.

BTW, awesome equipment Troy, I would snatch this in a second if I had current need. I love vintage Onkyo gear.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2006
    Same here man, hella cool.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    i sent you a pm, I have some one who has expressed interest.

Nice to see things back to normal, well more or less, we had the rules for a day, glad thats over.

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    PM sent back.....

I've got one other person, potentially interested in the amp, as well.

BDT
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2006
    F1nut wrote:

Edit: Rule #3 says, "If you are interested, you may ask any question that is unclear from the original post." So, I'm good.

YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!!! Banished forever to the Bose forum! Geez, thats worse than then being plopped into the Phantom Zone. :D

John
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    Hmmmmm....lotsa commentary.

I wonder how it would go over if I had these posted on another forum for less money??

BDT
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited February 2006
    I'd go for it if I had a need for it. Both my systems have the Integra M-504 amps, which are 165WPC. I think this one boasts more. Troy - are you sure the M-506 is not part of Onkyos Grand Integra line ?

Everyone loves the classic Onkyo Integras !!!
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    To be honest, I'm not that 'up' on the vintage Onk gear so I'd really be talking out of my ****. It may be more than 130wpc but, hell, this thing is a tank. You could jumpstart a Greyhound bus with this thing.

It doesn't say Grand Integra that I can see....

BTW, My info on the amp is courtesy of George Grand, he owned one that he got from the original owner....

BDT
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited February 2006
    Troy, did you get that link I sent?

The only one that was a Grand Integra was the M-510 @300W/ch and weighing in at more than 150lbs. Better eat your Wheaties before you move that one!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    Sure did, bill, thanks!!

Sure I can't deliver it to you this weekend? ;)

That M510 is a monster, IF I ever find one, it won't ever be on the FM!

BDT
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited February 2006
    billbillw wrote:
    Troy, did you get that link I sent?

The only one that was a Grand Integra was the M-510 @300W/ch and weighing in at more than 150lbs. Better eat your Wheaties before you move that one!

wasnt the 508 a grand integra too? pretty sure it was. but yeah, I saw that 510. MY GOD I would love to have one of those
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • billbillw
    edited February 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Sure did, bill, thanks!!

Sure I can't deliver it to you this weekend? ;)

That M510 is a monster, IF I ever find one, it won't ever be on the FM!

BDT

I wish, not enough money socked away in Paypal, which is the only way I can fund my audio hobby.

From everything I've seen, the M-508 was not a Grand Integra. I've seen several pics of it. It really looks almost the same as yours.

Edit: here is a pic of the 508...
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Looks very simmilar to mine. All I have are the nice big VU Metres, a Yellow light that hovers over the Power button, and green bars when speakers A & B are lit. No knobs though, not that I really need it.

It weighs in at a light 50 lbs each, thanks to dual mono design, massive heatsinks and dual power supplies. :D

Nice to know I can start a ruckus by mentioning the "Grand Integra" line. I wonder how much the 506, 508, and 510s went for in its heydays.

The 504s were built so well that they were manufactured for over 15 years before they were discontinued a few years back !!! Im sure that was manufactured longer than the 506, 508, and 510s combined.

I know Onkyo made a Grand Integra Tuner, Amp, and CD Playere. Did Onkyo ever make a Grand Integra Tape Deck or Pre-Amp ?
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2006
    That's a good amp, and it's 130wpc. Good luck finding any more specs and **** on it. When I had one of those, the freakin' Onkyo guys couldn't tell me anything about it. I have one of those preamps in the house right now too, and it is the heaviest preamp you'll find.

I have a 200wpc M-5090 here that is a two-man lift. Onk makes a good amp, they're all good looking with nice side panels and big meters. It is not a Grand Integra, and I could give a ****.
  • billbillw
    edited February 2006
    Here is an interesting page. Looks like there was a 506, 506R, and the 506RS
    Link to partially translated Japanese webpage

EDIT:
    And here is the Japanese page for the 306, 306R, and 306RS Preamp

Link
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    edited February 2006
    I just bought a van alstine with a noise fan. If it was 200 watts I would be neeeding bad!
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited February 2006
    pm sent troy
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    *one shameless bump*

still available....