WTB: Pair of FX1000 Speakers

Options
DiscoMike
DiscoMike Posts: 114
edited February 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Anyone willing to part with their FX/1000 Rear Channel Speakers ? All the tweeters and baffles should work, and the finish should good and clean.

Please send pics.

Thanks much !!!

Disco Mike
Post edited by DiscoMike on

Comments

• DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Cool !!!

Do you know where i can pickup a CS1000p centre and SRT speakers ?
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2006
    Options
    SRT's come up on audiogon or Ebay from time to time. Same with everything else.......

Keep an eye out
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Save your cash and get a CS400, and a nice subwoofer.
    The CS400 is every bit the center channel the CS1000p is,
    except for the built in subwoofers, which adds very little to a center channels performance.
    Also, if you insist on a CS1000p, I would mount it on a shelf over the tv, because the subs in the unit create a fair amount of vibration.
    I had a CS1000p and ended up running dual CS400's instead.

-Luc

DiscoMike wrote:
    Cool !!!

Do you know where i can pickup a CS1000p centre and SRT speakers ?
  • tntvt
    tntvt Posts: 121
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Coming from some one who owns both. I think you will find the SRT center out performs the CS1000p. Most sets that I have seen for sale have the center and surrounds. Good Luck :)
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2006
    Options
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2006
    Options
    SRT Center is just a CS350, right?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Not quite. Different drivers, crossovers, and enclosure. Two completely different animals.
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Hi Polk65 !!!
    I bagged the SRT Centre and CS1000p on ebay. Both should arrive later this week. I just bagged the FX/1000 on ebay, which I should have by next week. The SRT Stereo pair I auditioned this week at the sellers apt. and made an offer. I am waiting to hear back from the seller, hopefully by this week.

I am touting the idea of having a second centre channel to see if it makes more of a presence. The amps on the centre channel speakers on both of my systems are stereo amps, which they can accomidate for another centre channel.

Damn Polk - you have the entire line of Polk Speakers. Is your first name Matt ??? :D

Disco Mike
  • DiscoMike
    edited February 2006
    Options
    brettw22 wrote:
    SRT Center is just a CS350, right?

No - the SRT Centre uses different drivers and tweets, is Bi-Amplified, and is heavier than the CS350. The CS350 has the same number of drivers, but is not bi-amped.

Once I get the SRT Centre, I will sell of my 350s.

Disco Mike
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Congrats on the surround buy!

Without the active crossover, the SRTs are just big speakers. SDA won't be functional, if I understand correctly.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable