Free stuff: Polk PSW200 plate amp

unc2701
unc2701 Posts: 3,587
edited February 2006 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Free PSW200 plate amp. Might be toast. I had it hooked up to a 4 ohm driver and overheated it. I'd guess I baked the output transistors, but who knows. Has a nice big torroidal power supply and lotsa parts if you're into that.

You pay shipping; I'll send it out when I get to it. If you're on the good list, I won't need to wait for payment to arrive.

If there's more than one person interested, I'll have a random drawing around 5ish EST, Feb 15th.
Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
Post edited by unc2701 on

Comments

• phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited February 2006
    Hi unc2701,

Definitely interested in it for spare parts and possible repair. Any idea what the secondaries are on it?

regards

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • phoneisbusy
    edited February 2006
    I'm basically interested in the transformer. If someone wants the entire amp to repair or use, then I will step aside for that person.

regards

Dave
  • unc2701
    edited February 2006
    Nope, no idea what the secondaries are and I'm at work now. It wasn't printed on the exposed side of the transformer (I looked), but it might be on the side that's bolted down. Still, the transformer is the only part that I'm pretty confident is usable, so don't feel bad taking just that.
  • maxima
    maxima Posts: 143
    edited February 2006
    I'm interested if in trying to repair it if Dave doesn't mind. I have a 6 ohm Eclipse I am building a box for that it should drive with no problems. The combination would make for a killer sub/sat music system! :D
  • phoneisbusy
    edited February 2006
    Hi maxima,

Dunno... Do you think it's amp-worthy?...

Actually, it sounds like a good project.
    I'll defer to your request.

Good luck.

Dave
  • maxima
    edited February 2006
    Hi Dave,

I hope so. The Eclipse is an old school Titanium 10". With an xmax of 1.17" it should pressurize the room well. Thanks for the courtesy. As long as unc2701 doesn't mind sending the amp to me I will give this project a shot.

I have done a couple transactions thru the Flea Market, one with George Daniel and one with Polkmaniac but no feedback here as far as I know. Both transactions were flawless. My ebay feedback is 100% positive (tehargrove) with 65 transactions. Unc2701, I can send a check, MO or Paypal, whatever you would prefer.
    If I can't fix it, I would gladly send the amp to Dave for the shipping costs. Thanks guys,

Eric
  • phoneisbusy
    edited February 2006
    Hi maxima,

Don't mind me. I had a Seinfeld episode running through my head when I replied. ;) I hope the project turns out well. Be sure to post pics here.

Welcome to Club Polk.

regards

Dave
  • unc2701
    edited February 2006
    Maxima, PM me with your address.
  • maxima
    edited February 2006
    unc2701,

I sent you a PM. Thanks,

Eric
  • maxima
    edited February 2006
    Dave,

Thanks for the welcome. I have been around awhile, just don't have much time to post. I have owned Polk speakers since the late 80's starting with a pair of Monitor 10's but unfortunately I recently sold them to finance my Lsi HT rig. I built my son a sub out of an Eclipse Titanium 8" awhile back and it is incredibly impressive for an 8" so much so that my wife refers to it as "Subzilla". It sounds really good with my sons Lsi7's. Now it will be fun to see what I can do with the 10".