my custom sub

Options
ward91
ward91 Posts: 338
edited February 2006 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
my custom sub

it is aprox 2ft x 3ft x 2ft
it has acoustic wadding all the way around top and bottem and some thick pices of foam in it on the bottem and back .

thw woofer is a dbaudio raptor 12
550wrms

the test tone results wont be 100% right as the meter thing was calibrated at 1khz
(the duller picture is a pic of the woofer moving)

i am going to sand it down and spray paint it as i am not too sure at the finsh.

it looks worse on the pics

it sounds good i dont think i will ad a port as it may sound boomy ? its a simple sealed enclosure made of chipboard.

at the minute i have a crappy amp powering it that gives a total of around 100wrms i am hoping to get a amp of ebay tomorow thats 2x 100wrms.
ELECTRONICS
arcam cd93
linn wakonda
MC2 MC450
Teac ud h01 DAC

SPEAKERS
Tannoy DC6 t se .
Post edited by ward91 on

Comments

• ward91
    edited February 2006
    Options
    i got the amp of ebay but unfortuanetly it doesnt work.

we opend it for a look and the first bank of transistors has blown along with some risistors and a diode. my dad can fix it if we can get all the parts . we havent taken it apart for a good look but i thought i would ask on here if aneyoue knows where Mutant get their components from (especialy the class A/B transistors)??

the amp is a mutant nw 2100 xp AB class operation amp.
    ELECTRONICS
    arcam cd93
    linn wakonda
    MC2 MC450
    Teac ud h01 DAC

SPEAKERS
    Tannoy DC6 t se .
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2006
    Options
    looks like a good build. that is for the home right? (I hope so)
    I'm thinking a grill for the front would finish it off well. Unless you dig the blue :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ward91
    edited February 2006
    Options
    i supose a grill would cover up the bits in the screws that the paint wouldnt get to
    ELECTRONICS
    arcam cd93
    linn wakonda
    MC2 MC450
    Teac ud h01 DAC

SPEAKERS
    Tannoy DC6 t se .
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,066
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Take the screws out, get a counter sink - counter sink the holes, put the screws back in there - then buy/make you some pegs, then saw them off or sand them down - I saw mine off, then I sand them down to cut down on the amount of sanding...

This will allow you to hide the screws if you dont want to put a grill on there...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.