a little rambling....

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Gents,

This is somewhat personal so don't feel obligated to read/respond. A friend of Wendi and I, who has the same medical problems as Wendi passed away yesterday at the age of 25. It was brought on by the fact that in the end that she didn't respond well to the medicines and treatments over the years and it finally took it's toll.
I am saddened by the loss of a friend and reminded also how fortunate that Wendi and I are that she has done so well. I realize in many ways, that I probably have not previously considered, how fortunate that we are.
The point is gents, that this coupled with the events of 11 September has made me realize how dear the people in my life are. I urge all of you, the people that are important to you, tell them. Life is fleeting and the things we regret most are things that are left unsaid....

Sorry for the ramble but I appreciate your indulgence....have a great weekend.

Troy
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Options
    We're with ya, bud. Don't worry.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hey man, thats the kind of thing that needs to be said, again and again, with fierce conviction. If there is anything you ever need, please let me know.

Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    Options
    The short amount of time we spent together in your home, and in your city, means a lot to me. I'm very sorry to read that post Troy. I'd appreciate it if you could give Wendi a hug for moi.

George
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hi:

You are on track Troy. A professor was once talking to a young graduate about his goals in life, and the professor asked the graduate what he was going to do, the graduate replied,"get a job and make a lot of money." The professor asked, "then what?" The graduate replied,"I guess I will get married and raise a family." Then the professor asked,"then what?" The graduate replied, "I will retire and do a lot of traveling with my wife." The professor asked,"then what?" The graduate replied,"I guess I will die then." The professor looked him right in the eye and said,"And then what!!!!!"

Only one life that will soon be passed, only whats done for Christ will last. Think about it........ Never saw a UHaul in a funeral procession, nor anyone ask for his bank balance with his last breath.

Take time to smell the roses and spend time with those we love.

Some food for thought.

Gary
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Thanks guys, your support and thoughts REALLY touched Wendi and myself.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut