Xbox ?

Options
ND13
ND13 Posts: 7,601
edited February 2006 in Video Games
Does anyone know how to open the case on an original XBOX? Ours has malfunctioned and the drawer will not open. The weird thing is that it's only been used for MAYBE 25-30 hours and was brand new when purchased.

Also, are there any XBOX modifiers out there, too?
"SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
Post edited by ND13 on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I believe the screws are under the stickers - for obvious reasons (they'll know youve opened it)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I'll check that out. Thanks Trey.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Just send it in if you can. Or return it. If you open it up, you void the warranty.
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Just send it in if you can. Or return it. If you open it up, you void the warranty.

I bought it in a factory sealed box from a woman off a newspaper ad, so no warranty for me. :(
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I've heard of people opening it up and doing things. Search the web. I'm pretty sure you can even replace the hard drive is you need to.
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • crazyeyes
    crazyeyes Posts: 74
    edited February 2006
    Options
    there are screws under the stickers and four more under each foot.
  • ND13
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys. I just did'nt want to start tearing **** apart without having more info.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited February 2006
    Options
    Pablo wrote:
    I've heard of people opening it up and doing things. Search the web. I'm pretty sure you can even replace the hard drive is you need to.

You can but..you must back up all the current info. If you were in my city modding it and HD upgrade 50$ cad. Mine's modded,with no HD upgrade..I do have an extra 20g lying around I might just do it !!
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited February 2006
    Options
    MInes modded with an 80gb HD + i have the original 10gb HD still in the case that is untouched. I have a switch that turns on the modded drive or the original drive, in that case if I wanted to play on Live, I just use the original drive.

My mod chip is an Executer, and I run the UnleashedX dashboard on my modded drive. All in all it took about 2 hours to do.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I have a modded Xbox with a 250 gig drive in it. Doesn't see much play time with the new 360 next to it, but it's still cool. You can buy from www.system-mods.com or send them your system and they can mod it for you. I have the executor chip as well, and it works great.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2006
    Options
    How much longer until 360 mods are as prominent?