POLK SRT's for sale in NYC

Comments

• Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2006
    I wanna know how many damn rooms you have??? My god...
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • deepinya
    deepinya Posts: 199
    edited February 2006
    bvette94 wrote:
    WTF because he listed a pair of Srts he doesnt get the hastle we dont like people joining our club to off their gear and disapear bull sh@t. We like pics feedback bla bla bla etc. What a bunch of posers.

So true :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2006
    Eh, you can't expect a jackass to understand the difference.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • deepinya
    edited February 2006
    wicked burn! you gonna take that bvette94? ;)

E-FIGHT! roflz
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    wicked burn?

How cutting edge.

Shouldn't you be flogging it watching Soprano's reruns?

BDT
  • deepinya
    edited February 2006
    OUCH! You wield a deadly literary sword but replace Sopranos with '24' for full effect.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2006
    I have 2 rooms for audio. my living room and my bedroom.
    most of my speakers along with my audio gear is in storage. i currently have the srs 2 out.
    I rotate them.i recently had the crs+ out.i originally got the 1cs to make a 5.1 system but if the srt come my way,then i'll have to make room.
    the wife already warned me not to get anymore audio equipment but she knows i'm waiting for the srt to become available locally.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    Im getting new binding posts along with new crossovers for the amazings.
    im planning to biwire them so im installing 2 sets of binding posts.
    my main problem is finding a pair of crosssovers for them.
    my 1st choice is to use an active crossover(clearview cxr-1)but they are hard to find.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2006
    Dibs for your 1C's..

:)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited February 2006
    What? because someone posts a piece of gear you have interest in all the"unwritten rules go out the window. If this guy was trying to sell a pair of rt 55s or rt1000 speakers you would be all over him telling him to go to ebay. that is bull crap! Next you go calling people a jack ****. let me quote you "TroyD Eh, you can't expect a jackass to understand the difference". I didnt direct any remarks at you. My remarks were in general. Because someone doesnt agree with you the claws come out.This is a game i am good at and so would love to play but you would just end up getting your feelings hurt. So i must decide do i report this post to a moderator or play back with the name calling? You think that because you have more post than others that gives you the right to disrespect others. So here is the deal i will be the bigger man and just let this drop with out any name calling. Ps Let me leave you with a litle tip when you are in a dispute and you resort to name calling you lost.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    OK, listen. If you go back through MY objections of people posting in the FM, it tends to be centered around people posting about items that they have listed on ebay or audiogon.

TWO. SRT's ARE different. Someone who has a pair generally is someone who appreciates what they have and ISN'T looking strictly to make a buck. I mean, you don't just flip an SRT system for profit. As it is, if he is the original owner, he'll probably end up losing, oh, 4K on the deal. Yeah, REAL golddigger there.

THREE, I conversed with the seller via PM, which is the way I generally approach my differences BEFORE I open my yap.

FOUR, I did NOT call you a jackass. That was for the boy blunder.

FIVE, YOU threw out the 'poser' label (or did you forget who started this whole little thing??). I responded in kind. Or is it, we are supposed to roll over with our **** in the air when we are insulted?

SIX, report whatever you like, I could care less.

BDT
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited February 2006
    Gotta go with Troy on this one. When someone is selling a truly unique piece, you give them the benifit of the doubt. The people selling say a CS400i and do the one post wonder thing are a different story.

This guy knows what he has and is trying to keep it in the family (Even if the price is high). I have no problem with it. These, full fledge SRT systems and 1.2TL's get a lot of leway.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • deepinya
    edited February 2006
    SEVEN- All I did was quote bvette94 and agree with a GENERAL comment directed at nobody in particular. Defensive arent we? Name calling is so 6th grade so I can get my nephew if you want someone on your level but I refuse to go there.
  • steadicamguy
    steadicamguy Posts: 8
    edited February 2006
    I had no idea there were so many people passionate about Polks. Almost makes me want to keep them just for braging rights !! I've been putting the SRT's through their paces this afternoon as I have the day off, and my neighbors are at work. Sweet.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2006
    Hmmmm,,,,,(keeping opinion to self),,can't afford em' anyway,so, flail away,hope someone if the "family" gets 'em :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited February 2006
    How about about a little interduction as to who you area little history of the speakers maybe give back to the forum a little bit.The guy that has a pair of rt55s and maybe a cs400 to him this is high end gear and maybe he is looking to upgrade to another polk product. Perhaps a lsi system. When he gets ran off and goes to Def Tech or Paradygm. My original post was due to the fact i hate reading when people get ran off for the same reason my comments made this whole dispute began.Troy I am not looking for any hard feelings or personal attacks was just posting my opinions. i also didnt mean to hijack this thread. I was just throwing a little sarcasm out there. As far as reporting any post it is the last thing i would do ever. it was said to get your attention. It worked. I cant think of a better place to sell a piece of audio history such as the srt system. I dont know why you took this so personal and i thought you were going to move on as your other post said. i was too. I hope someone from this forum buys these speakers and not to mention get a good deal.

Peace
    Bob
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    SRT's are where it's at, broham. Hang around here, we grow on you.

I'd keep 'em. I'd give my left nut AND remember you in my will for 'em!

Far as hooking a brother up though....with SRT's??? Look, I'm a long time member here. I BLEED Polk Audio and as such, sure, I'll take a bath to the tune of a franklin or two to hook a Polk brother up. SRT's???? Sorry man, I love you guys but I'm not taking THAT much of a bath.

BDT

EDIT: Bob, no sweat man. Misunderstanding. I hope you understand where I'm coming from and that's the end of it. Deepinit, different story. He's just mentally feeble and isn't able to comprehend the difference.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2006
    not trying to stir anything up more than it already has been, but how many times have people posted SDA's on their first post and people start calling them fraud. So if someone posting SDA's might be fake to make money, wouldn't it be as possible that someone is posting an even hotter item to make some fraud money? I'm not saying that is what this seller is doing because he obviously has them (or is at least putting on a good story) but why should this one guy get the backing that others have not?

BTW, did he ever say if it's just the fronts or all 5?
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited February 2006
    Polksters,

I really don't give a Sh**, as to what he is selling, that is 4K he is asking and we have yet to see a picture, let this guy put up or shut up, I would think Esavinon, could arrange as least to go see them, to see if this is real no big thing from Da Bronx to Manhattan. I'm just saying 4K is alot of money for something to sell around here, even if they are SRT. Please don't take offense just my .02

CRj
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    He did, in fact, post a picture. It's in another thread.

BDT
  • criverajr
    edited February 2006
    I saw it now, can we have a picture of a speaker for sale in the FM, would be nice, I think.

CRj
  • deepinya
    edited February 2006
    lol @ troy.....Im still in your head? How sad!

You keep "e-fighting" me but Im only laughing at the words on my monitor so you wont get a reaction from me other than LOL. Its not healthy for you, let it go already.
  • criverajr
    edited February 2006
    Esavinon,

What is your paradigm system made up of, I'm in Jersey once every 2 months and would be interested in some of them to bring down to florida.

CRj
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Troy covered the difference so I wont. I would certainly enjoy getting to meet some of the newer members at the next PF. Hope you can make it.

RT1
  • scottyf
    scottyf Posts: 129
    edited February 2006
    Please forgive my ignorance, but why wouldn't you try to sell a pair of high end Polks here even if you weren't part of the "family"? It seems to me that this is the perfect place to sell speakers that mean something to a forum group rather than the general public of Ebay.

When I had to sell my buddy's Record-equipped Serrotta Legend bike for him (he suffered a stroke, paralized on his right side and will never ride again), I went to the Serrotta forum to offer it. Not only was there a group already interested in the company located there, but it was likely we could find a good home for it with someone who appreciated it. I had never posted there before, but the bike was welcomed and sold quickly. And we didn't have to pay Ebay fees.

What's wrong with that?

HOME: VPI Classic/Grado Reference Master, EVS-modified Oppo BP83, Bryston DAC, Counterpoint 3000/SA-100 modified by Alta Vista, Polk LSi15

TRUCK: Pioneer 8600MP, Soundstream 300SX, pr of Xtant 1001i, Autotek SS490.2, Polk SR6500, Polk MMC6500, pr of Polk MM2084DVC
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2006
    Scotty, it's mostly the folks who come in here just to post a listing to their ad on another site that we have a problem with. The thing with first time posters listing their own gear for sale here is that no one knows them, you know trust and all that stuff. We try very hard to make sure that no one gets ripped off here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    Calm down children...I'll go and take a looksy/hearsy this weekend and see if these srt are worth the company of my sdas. ;)

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    btw,they are a stereo pair not the 5.1 system.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    criverajr,my paradigm 7.1 system consist of:
    paradigm 11se mk3 main.
    paradigm cc-300 center.
    paradigm adp-150 dipole surrounds.
    paradigm 3se mk3 rear pair with sanus speaker stands.
    paradigm ps1200 subwoofer.

they have been in storage since 2000 due to a divorce.
    they're sleeping soundly in their original boxes.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • steadicamguy
    steadicamguy Posts: 8
    edited February 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Scotty, it's mostly the folks who come in here just to post a listing to their ad on another site that we have a problem with. The thing with first time posters listing their own gear for sale here is that no one knows them, you know trust and all that stuff. We try very hard to make sure that no one gets ripped off here.

I thought I would post here to give the enthusiast a chance to own a peice of Polk history mister F1NUT. BTW I worked in F1 for 4 years... I have no problem with folks trying to sell a BMW motorcycle on the ADVRIDER forum even if they've never posted their before. Grow up. I'll happily post on ebay if you would like.