POLK SRT's for sale in NYC

steadicamguy
steadicamguy Posts: 8
Hi Folks,

I'm selling my precious Polk SRT's as I've moved into a small apartment in Manhattan. $4000 Complete with Remote Control, Control Box, Manual and sound pressure level meter.
Post edited by steadicamguy on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2006
    Man, I WISH.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2006
    Now you come around....

You shouldnt have too much problem selling them
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited February 2006
    you couldnt wait a year or 2? daaaaaaaaaamn

all my money is in house, not a chance dude!!!!
    good luck, with free bump
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited February 2006
    WTF because he listed a pair of Srts he doesnt get the hastle we dont like people joining our club to off their gear and disapear bull sh@t. We like pics feedback bla bla bla etc. What a bunch of posers.

Good luck with your sale. I hope someone buys them here. they will go to a good home via people on this forum.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    My general **** is one post wonders who link to thier ebay auctions.....that's who I have a problem with.

While I agree in theory about the feedback/pic thing. I don't have any feedback through sales on any other site and until a short time ago, didn't have a digital camera.

I've PM'd him and he responded in a very polite manner.

You can stick your poser where the sun don't shine.

BDT
  • bvette94
    edited February 2006
    He is a one post wonder.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    TWO posts, actually.....
  • bvette94
    edited February 2006
    I posted that because to be quite honest i dont care if they are new to the forum and trying to sell their gear. i will buy from anyone i feel comfortable after i make contact with them. It seems like everytime i read an offering in the flea market it becomes a thread arguing like this. i was just being sarcastic. Dont get your panties in bunch. i put posers because i couldnt spell hypocrite.

A free bump
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    whatever....

let's move along.
  • steadicamguy
    steadicamguy Posts: 8
    edited February 2006
    I would like to see these great speakers go to some one who will really appreciate them and be able experience them to the max. Something I can't do living in a co-op apartment in NYC ! I could shake this whole building if I wanted to !
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2006
    Sooooooooooooooooo, anybody going to jump!

I am content with what I have (today :) !!

RT1
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    Man, I want these so bad I can taste it. I just can't raise anywhere NEAR that kind of coinage.

What's a kidney going for these days?

BDT
  • crossroadazn
    crossroadazn Posts: 69
    edited February 2006
    Wow they look so Pulky :D not waf friendly. Good luck for the sale.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2006
    Are you just offering the fronts, SRT control, remote for 4K? no center, no surrounds? "SRT system" gets thrown around a lot, just asking what you are selling. The interested buyer will want to now if you have the original boxes.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    He's got the stereo fronts......I pointed out that 4K is more than full blown SRT's have been going for.

BDT
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited February 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    He's got the stereo fronts......I pointed out that 4K is more than full blown SRT's have been going for.

BDT

Signature Reference Theater - and he is only offering the L/R channel? I know there were different flavors of the SRT, but was a stereo config one of them? What Theater only has two channels :confused:

$4000.00, maybe I am way off on this, but how does one come up w/ a price like that?

Scott
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    The stereo SRT had an MSRP of 10K. The stereo version was, IIRC, 7,500.

The last pair of stereo SRT's I remember went around 2500. I think the last few full on SRT's were around 3500.

For around 2K.....I'd have the fire sale of the century.

BDT
  • HiPerf360
    HiPerf360 Posts: 436
    edited February 2006
    I just picked mine up for 3800.00
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited February 2006
    I'm interested.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • DiscoMike
    DiscoMike Posts: 114
    edited February 2006
    Im not sure if I should go for this or hold out for the SDA SRS 1.2. Sad thing (or maybe a good thing) is that I am right in this guys neighborhood as I am in the 718 areacode, and a bus ride away from him/her. Does this come with the centre channel and rears ?

Does anyone remember if the SRT's used SDA technology in these babys ? I recall them having it, being Polks biggest, baddest, most ambitious speaker ever produced.

Is having one tweeter enough consider it being surrounded by all them baffles ?

What was the power subwoofers wattage rating ?

I remember these speakers kicking all other speakers asses !!!
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited February 2006
    They do use SDA technology. As for info, Polk's own link is all I really know about them: http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/srtsystem/
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    ESAVINON wrote:
    I'm interested.
    Dibs on the Mk IV's... :D

EDIT: And/or the 1.2tl's...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    I see a line's starting to form for my speakers.
    If i finally get the srt,i'll let go some of my sda speakers.
    so far i have 2 pairs of sda srs 1.2tls, 2 pairs of sda 1cs,
    1 sda srs 2 and 1 sda crs+.
    I may just keep a pair of 1c and the crs+ .

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • TroyD
    edited February 2006
    I'd be interested in the Amazing's as well
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    The amazings are not for sale :p
    I'm in the process of refurbishing them.
    I just replaced all 8 woofers,rewired the woofers and reinstalled the felt on the back of the ribbons.
    I'm going to replace the cloth material in the back,replace the speaker terminals and the crossovers.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    the srt are for my home theather setup.
    the amazings are for my analog system and the 1.2tls for my digital system.

The SRT SEISMIC System:
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited February 2006
    ESAVINON wrote:
    The amazings are not for sale :p
    I'm in the process of refurbishing them.
    I just replaced all 8 woofers,rewired the woofers and reinstalled the felt on the back of the ribbons.
    I'm going to replace the cloth material in the back,replace the speaker terminals and the crossovers.
    Good start...

Then just replace the ribbons and the frames and I'll have my Plat's...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited February 2006
    Esavinon, a word of caution when attempting to replace the binding posts. The plastic plate is VERY brittle!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ESavinon
    edited February 2006
    the ribbons and the cabinets are in excellent condition.
    sorry guys but they stay.
    I'll also sell my paradigm 5.1 speakers if i get the srt.

The SRT SEISMIC System: