LSi 25 problem/question

Jan H
Jan H Posts: 7
edited August 2002 in Speakers
I'm having a difficult time optimizing the bass in these speakers. I've got LSi's all around (25s, C, FX), an SVS PC 16-46, and a Denon 3802 (preamp) into an EAD powermaster 1000. Sounds great, but I don't think I'm getting the most out of them. If anyone can offer a suggestion as to the crossover level of the speakers, receiver, and/sub, please help. If you had this setup, what would you do: Large/small settings? Deactivate the crossover in the SVS? turn up the speakers' subs? Any help would be appreciated.
Post edited by Jan H on

Comments

• schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited August 2002
    How do you have the SVS and LSI subs hooked up to your receiver?
  • Jan H
    edited August 2002
    thanks for the response. Settings are Large on the receiver, crossover bypass is activated on the sub, and the speakers sub settings are the factory pre-sets. Is this correct?
  • schumach
    schumach Posts: 199
    edited August 2002
    You have the fronts only set to large?
    Do you have both the SVS and LSI subs hooked up to the pre-outs or sub-out (LFE) on the receiver?
  • Jan H
    edited August 2002
    The fronts (only) are set to large, I have the sub preout going only to the SVS, the speakers are bi-wired, with no pre-out connection to the speakers' subs. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited August 2002
    Have you used an Avia disk and spl meter to calibrate the speakers? Have you tried moving the 25s and/or SVS to get optimum bass response? What are you not hearing that you think you should and on what material? The general consensus around here is that powered towers (like the LSi25) are a **** to get setup properly. Lots of moving and tweaking to get optimum sound.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited August 2002
    I'll leave you with one lonely thought.........gotta a couple months??:(
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by mantis
    I'll leave you with one lonely thought.........gotta a couple months??:(

:lol: that's just not right mantis.......... ha
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Jan H
    edited August 2002
    Ok, thanks. As long as the consensus is that my connections are correct, I'll keep fiddling. Don't get me wrong, they still sound great, I just want them PERFECT! Regards, JH