universal remote controls

Options
TroyD
TroyD Posts: 13,077
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I was looking around at CC the other day and saw a universal remote that looked quite a bit like a palm pilot. Has anyone bought/used one of these things. I have 4 remotes currently and would like to streamline a bit.....that and they look cool. Any opinions??

Troy
I plan for the future. - F1Nut
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2001
    Options
    only 4? Man..I wish I only had 4 remotes to deal with... anyway I'm wondering the same question...

:confused:
  • wcj56
    wcj56 Posts: 18
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I use the Rotel RR990 its the one that comes with the Sunfire Theater Grande and many of the Rotel Pre/Pros. Its touch screen and does macros. Very easy to program. Batteries dont last all that long maybe 3 months. I like it.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I also would like a universal remote, ya know the nise touch screen type. The higher price recievers have programable ones like my Onkyo, but nothing like the touch screens. Proton has a desent one for under 2 hundred. But I like the $400 models much more --they seem to be a little to expensive for the convience. LATER
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ...about Darrin's remote! It's missing, by the way, so if you see it, please return it to him. From what little I've read about remotes, it seems like the Philips Pronto is supposed to be "the remote." I have a touchpad remote for my Sony ES receiver, and I'm not a really big fan (granted it's no Pronto). It's a big crowd pleaser, though. The remote that I do like a lot is the Yamaha learning remote found on their higher end receivers. I find that remote to be very user friendly and programmable. However, if you have a REALLY extensive system, I can see how something more sophisticated (like the Pronto) would be useful.

Aaron
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Troy,
    I receive a sale flyer from J&R last weekend, the Phillips Pronto 1000 remote control is on sale right now at $129(full warranty). Just want to drop a note to let you know...
  • dbartol
    dbartol Posts: 66
    edited October 2001
    Options
    Has someone seen my remote control??? It's about 6 inches long, flat, and black. It has the cutest little buttons and it just lights up like the stars at night when you touch it. Come home R.C., COME HOME!

But in the mean time give the Philips Pronto remote at try.

Darrin
  • cmarkham
    cmarkham Posts: 1
    edited October 2001
    Options
  • DAlba
    DAlba Posts: 124
    edited October 2001
    Options
    I would highly recommend a Pronto Remote. I have had one for almost two years now. I recently broke it and bought the new Pronto Pro. The refurb Pronto from J&R and an excellent deal. It is well worth it.