OrangeToupee Posts: 488
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
Current system:
  • RT800i's
  • CS400i
  • f/x500i's
  • Velodyne CT120

My question(s) to anyone with an opinion is this:

My sub is probably best compared when stacked-up with either/or the PS450 and PS650 ... how do these three subs rate, taking into consideration cost, performance, system integration (fit, match)?

I'm interested in perhaps buying two more RT800i's and an additional sub, and that's why I'm interested in this question of subs.

Also, would the additional speakers be worth it? I'm thinking music when I ask that question. I'm pretty satisfied with the h/t aspects of the system in it's current configuration. I wouldn't mind a more enveloping sound with regard to my music.

Any ideas or revelations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by OrangeToupee on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I dont know where you got your ct120;;... but I ran the 800's and 1000's together..and the ct150 kept up marvelously.... if you can trade it up... (cc purchase)..dont worry about another sub IMO
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Thanks for the response ... you know I'm starting to wonder if getting the f/x 500's was a bad idea; it isn't very often that they're invoked it seems. I'd like to trade those in for for either the RT1000i's you've mentioned, or possibly another pair of RT800i's.

Do you think it would be worth it to spend the extra money for the thousands? If so, please elaborate as to why ... or anyone else for that matter. This is potentially a life altering decision for me.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited September 2001
    Options
    well.. I just traded in my 1000's for 2000's and there is a big difference.
    I was using f/x300's...but since I got my 800i's open box..I'm using those instead for my surrounds

to keep in your question- I would find a sub with a 8 or 10 for music. I find that polk subs are too boomy for my taste in music ....but probably nice for HT...

for the price of additional subs and the 800i's...you might try running some 2000i's for your fronts..and moving the 800i's to the rear. I'm realy surprised in the sound-diff between the 1000's and the 2000's and since they are on sale for 649 each... might be anther idea...

I would note that I did not find the sub portion too boomy on the 2000's as I do ther subs...
    good luck..
    Thomas