Lorenna Mckinitt...

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
edited August 2002 in Music & Movies
Just sitting here in my bedroom,
surfing around the net.......always find myself inhere.Listening to her on my rt35i's sitting on wall stands,no sub,running off of my Denon avr3801's built in amps for multiroom.....and still she has a way of sending shiffers.....
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Last night, I was up untill 1am Listening to Mask and Mirror. The entire CD is breathtaking, I'm now addicted to this artist.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited July 2002
    Options
    mantis, did you ever listen to norah jones (come away with me) shes real good to
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • burdette
    burdette Posts: 1,194
    edited July 2002
    Options
    We own both The Visit and The Book of Secrets. I found out about her years ago when these wonderfully haunting sounds were coming from a co-workers office.

The Mummer's Dance actually got some pop-radio play time about 3-4 years ago.

She independently handles all her production work so that she doesn't have to answer to anyone or change anything. Pretty good website at http://www.quinlanroad.com/

One thing I've noticed about her is how she can look so *different* just depending on the angle, clothing, etc.

Great music.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Thanks for the link,
    very cool.Her looks are different as you noted.I agree.And I heard her on the radio but the version was slightly different.

Joe,
    Norah Jones.......No I havent, but I'm willing to listen.

GuitarheadCa,
    Yes this is very true..I feel the same way.She has one of the very best voices Id even heard.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited August 2002
    Options
    Two Days ago, I picked up her "Live in Paris and Toronto" Album at Best Buy. It's a two CD set

WORTH GETTING!!!

-Guitarhead
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I'd also recommend Norah Jones, a light jazz, EXCELLENT voice. I'm seeing her live next week :D
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Options
    I'd also recommend Norah Jones
    Ditto.

Aaron