WTB: SDA-CRS+ any condition!

housedj
housedj Posts: 44
edited January 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
If anyone has a pair of SDA-CRS+ they would like to sell, in any condition PM me

please post condition/price/ pin/blade or blade/blade and if u have the interconnect or not, pics would be preferred also ,,,thanks
Post edited by housedj on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2006
    How much are you willing to spend for a set of blade/blade CRS+'s???
  • housedj
    housedj Posts: 44
    edited January 2006
    depends on their condition
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    What would you be willing to spend for a set in Excellent condition with upgraded tweeters?
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2006
    how much already..!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2006
    In all fairness, since we state that anyone posting merchandise for sale post a price rather than "best offer", shouldn't rskarvan be posting an asking price rather than asking "how much are you willing to pay..."? Even if you disagree, how is the OP supposed to come up with an offer without seeing pics and a better description? Stands? Interconnect?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2006
    It's like deja vu all over again. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35941
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polksda
    edited January 2006
    Bleagh. Sorry, I had missed that thread. Asking price on those is too high IMO. With a little patience, CRS and CRS+ can easily be found for $250-350/pair. (now if that $450 includes shipping/handling that makes it a bit more equitable).

Oh, and as a general rule, ignore original MSRP. It's useless on vintage equipment... that's like using orignal sticker price as leverage when selling a 10-year-old car.
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Ignore MSRP? You must be kidding. Usually, mint stuff sells for 50% new price (rule of thumb for e-bay).
  • polksda
    edited January 2006
    *chuckle* OK. If you think so... :rolleyes:

If that's the case, I've got a minty set of RTA 11T that I'll sell for $475. Didn't think so...
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Rule of thumb.... Polk 1.2TL's. New, they cost $3400. Used, they go for at least $1700. If you don't get 50% new price on a good set of used speakers, you are getting ripped off.
  • polksda
    edited January 2006
    That's one example. You cannot set a flat rate from it. Some vintage items sell for a good percentage of original MSRP but far more sell for MUCH less. It depends on the individual item/model. Monitor 5As and 5Bs do NOT sell for half MSRP... nowhere near it. Neither do any Monitor 7 model other than possibly the 7A, and frequently not those. Monitor 10s go for 1/3 MSRP or less. SDA 1s and 2s go for far less than half MSRP.

Your "rule of thumb" in fact has more exceptions than not.
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Agreed. However, I usually buy high-end stuff used. Krell, Thiel, Cary, Classe, etc... they hold their value very well on the used market. 50% of the new price that they sold-for is usually about right (rule of thumb-wise).

I've found that when buying high-end used, all I am giving up is the sealed box and the warranty. Other than that, I'm really getting the exact same thing as if I would have purchased new.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    Third of retail, tops, is a good place to start for anything. Not including highly sought after, vintage gear that can go for more than retail. As far as upgrades go, expect about half of the cost of the upgrade to be recouped.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks the peice is worth, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I've been doing this a while.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.