Just one of those times....

Options
Tour2ma
Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
edited January 2006 in 2 Channel Audio
... when the rig is sounding so damn good I swear I could throw a Krispy Kreme in the CDP and it would sound like gold.

I'm accustomed to these happening late at nite, but it's been going on since 10:00 this morning...
More later,
Tour...
Vox Copuli
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
Post edited by Tour2ma on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2006
    Options
    It's psychological. Occasionally, the planets are aligned in a certain way to release endorphins and induce a tranquil euphoria in your mind, and when listening to your system it appears to sound better than ever.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    OK... Now I'm confused.

Is it psychological or astrological?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2006
    Options
    It's a combination of the two leading to a europhorical experience which words cannot even begin to describe.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Tour2ma wrote:
    ... when the rig is sounding so damn good I swear I could throw a Krispy Kreme in the CDP and it would sound like gold.

I'm accustomed to these happening late at nite, but it's been going on since 10:00 this morning...

Cleaner power at late nights. Of course, the full moon may also have an effect.
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2006
    Options
    first thing i always look for is more or less humidity or piles of laundry on the floor,.. next,maybe, count empty manhattan glasses scattered about.

)