Need replacements (smaller) for my SDA CRS speakers

Options
seo
seo Posts: 305
edited January 2006 in Vintage Speakers
Hi-

I have sold my SDA CRS speakers to a board member here. I needed to downsize the footprint of my two channel audio system until some point in the future when I can get a bonus room added onto the house.

I need suggestions for some compact bookshelf speakers to replace them. I need something probably no bigger than 18" H x 10" w x 8" deep.

They do not need to be new (hence posting in the vintage speaker section) and they don't necessarily need to be Polk's either.

I will be driving them with my vintage NAD 7020 receiver. My CD player is nothing glorious, a Yamaha CDC-575.

Listen to a variety of music, a lot of electric blues, swing, some acoustic, some jazz.

Thanks,

Scott
Signature goes here
Post edited by seo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Monitor 5, 5jr, 5b. Rti6, LSi7, 9.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    LSi9, LSi7 or if you want to spend less, the RTi6 or RTi4

(Stereophile liked it).

http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/1004polk/
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I forgot about the RT25i. I have a pair and they are nice. They can often be found for $125 ± in good shape.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • seo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    I forgot about the RT25i. I have a pair and they are nice. They can often be found for $125 ± in good shape.

Those look like they might fit the bill. I will check into them thanks.
    Signature goes here
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hmm.......I have some RT28i very nice speakers similiar to the 25i, I can send those to you.

RT1
  • seo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    How do Monitor 30's compare to the RTi25/28's? I could get a new set of those for $200. And I happen to have $200 burning a hole in my pocket from the SDA'S :D
    Signature goes here
  • shack
    edited January 2006
    Options
    seo wrote:
    How do Monitor 30's compare to the RTi25/28's? I could get a new set of those for $200. And I happen to have $200 burning a hole in my pocket from the SDA'S :D
    A step below The RTixx series IMO.

• seo
    edited January 2006
    Options
    shack wrote:
    A step below The RTixx series IMO.

Thanks. That helps.
    Signature goes here
  • shack
    edited January 2006
    Options
    The RT25i and the RTi28 are more in line with the current RTi4.