WTB: SDA-CRS+ Black Cabinets

Options
housedj
housedj Posts: 44
edited January 2006 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
WTB: SDA-CRS+ Black Cabinets
If anyone has a pair of these they would like to sell PM me. thanks!
Post edited by housedj on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I've got a black set of blade/blade CRS+'s in very good condition on original Polk stands with upgraded Polk tweeters. Make me an exceptionally good offer and I will consider selling them.

ronskarvan@aol.com
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Something around..oh say $1000.00, eh Ron!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1nut..... that would definitely get the job done. Are you making me an offer?
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Ah that would be a resounding NO. Just making a commentary on the price you've been asking. I quess you can dream though.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    F1, What do you think would be a fair price for a mint set of CRS+ with upgraded tweets on original stands? (Understanding that you aren't making an offer).
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2006
    Options
    If you have the original shipping boxes I would say maybe $500 with the upgraded tweets. Mine were $400 with the original tweets... At least that is what I've bought/sold for.
    madmax

Edit: Sorry, I didn't notice that was directed at F1.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Considering that they are Studio versions with the blade/blade IC meaning that the AI-1 couldn't be used I would say $250.00 for the speakers, add $50.00 for the new (but used) tweeters and $100.00 for the stands.

Edit: Let me add that I think the CRS+'s are a very good speaker and with the new tweeters, crossover upgrades and mass loaded stands are a great speaker.

President of Club Polk

• rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    That seems reasonable enough. If someone were to offer me $500 plus the additional cost for professional shipping, packaging and insurance via the UPS store and an extra 7% to offset paypal fees, I will be willing to sell them. I'm guessing that the UPS store will charge about $100 each for packaging and shipping. So, the total cost to a purchaser will probably be right around the $750 mark. House DJ, are you interested?

Thanks.

ronskarvan@aol.com
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2006
    Options
    ouch
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Packaging, shipping, and insurance isn't at all cheap -- I've learned.
    The actual cost for the speakers will be $500 to me + whatever it costs to complete the transaction. Shipping cost will be actual with receipt enclosed. I'm not going to eat the paypal fees out of the $500. They are just to steep to ignore.

I'm just trying to offer a fair deal. I'll provide digital photo's upon request.

ronskarvan@aol.com
  • madmax
    edited January 2006
    Options
    rskarvan wrote:
    plus the additional cost for professional shipping, packaging and insurance via the UPS store and an extra 7% to offset paypal fees, I will be willing to sell them. I'm guessing that the UPS store will charge about $100 each for packaging and shipping.

You might want to add in $15 for unhooking them, $5 for carrying out to the car, $3.76 for gasoline, $35 for filling out the UPS form, $0.47 per mile each way and $0.35 per word of correspondence. Ha ha.
    madmax

• rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Jeesh.... do you have to give speakers away on this forum not to be ridiculed?
    These speakers MSRP'd for about $1400 new back in 1988. $500 for a mint set ain't bad.

I think its a fair deal. The only fees I want paid are shipping & paypal. If you want to send me cash, the paypal fees can be avoided.

- Ron
  • F1nut
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Not sure where you're getting your info, but the last version (pin/blade) in wood trim went for $425.00 each, the earlier Studio version (blade/blade) even less. The stands were about $100.00 each.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/sdacrs+/

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    edited January 2006
    Options
    rskarvan wrote:
    Jeesh.... do you have to give speakers away on this forum not to be ridiculed?

I think its a fair deal. The only fees I want paid are shipping & paypal. - Ron

Well thats a pretty good deal then! $250 total shipped?

madmax

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2006
    Options
    rskarvan wrote:
    I think its a fair deal. The only fees I want paid are shipping & paypal. If you want to send me cash, the paypal fees can be avoided.

- Ron

It's not that, but I think you're estimates are a little on the high side. If UPS is going to charge $100 each, you need to find another shipper. Or you could do it yourself.

And I don't recall Paypal charging 7%, more like 3%.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2006
    Options
    rskarvan wrote:
    These speakers MSRP'd for about $1400 new back in 1988. $500 for a mint set ain't bad. I think its a fair deal.

Sorry, but the SDA-CRS+ speakers (sans stands) in Black Ash only commanded a MSRP of $800 a pair in 1988.
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Bob, how much did the black stands sell for?
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2006
    Options
    rskarvan wrote:
    Bob, how much did the black stands sell for?

Ron,

I should have that info somewhere, don't recall off the top of my head though...

I did turn down a pair maybe five or six years ago that were mint for $70 but not really due to the price so much as I just didn't care if I had a set for my CRS+s. (They'd have just been stored.) They'd be nice to have I suppose but I already had a nice pair of shot loaded stands just perfect for them and the room they're in.
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Ok.... lets say somebody came to my house, demo'd the CRS+'s and offered me cash. I would sell them for a firm $450 with stands.

Now, lets say somebody from far away buys them. If they will arrange the deal so that I can still clear a firm $450.... I will sell them.

I don't care about packing costs, shipping costs, insurance fees, or Paypal fees. All I want at the end of the day is $450 in my bank account in exchange for a very nice set of black crs+'s with original stands and upgraded tweeters.

I think its one heck of a good deal. These speakers sound absolutely awesome and the ONLY reason that I am willing to sell them is my wife wants them out of the house.

Thank you.

ronskarvan@aol.com
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Thanks for your interest in the photo's. Here they are attached below.

ronskarvan@aol.com
  • housedj
    housedj Posts: 44
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Are these painted black??
  • rskarvan
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know. I purchased them used and they look damn good. If they are painted, I am happy with the results.