Subwoofers... what else?

Options
kingkip
kingkip Posts: 401
edited January 2006 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
So I've decided to DIY at least a couple of subs. I may go with an IB design, not sure yet. However I will still want to build other types. The question is, has anyone used any box design software like BASSBOX, is it worth it? Also any succesful designs anyone has tried or driver, amp reccomendations would be cool. Any parts sites people like better than parts express?

Feel free to jump all over me for not searching the forum first, I am lazy and running short of time right now. :D
There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
Post edited by kingkip on

Comments

• tryrrthg
    tryrrthg Posts: 1,896
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Go to the HT Guide DIY forum for the best info. They really know there stuff over there.

Ascendant Audio should be releasing their new drivers within the next few weeks, they should be a good place to start looking for good value drivers.

as for a design software, get yourself a copy of Unibox, which is a Microsoft Excel file. From what I've read it's pretty accurate.
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Right on, I'll give it a look. Thanks for the info.
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.