dx3055 and other questions

jao
jao Posts: 1
edited September 2001 in Car Audio & Electronics
:) Hi, just purchased and installed dx3055 seperates in my Ford Escape. I've got the woofers in the doors and the tweeters in the sail panels replaceing the existing paper speakers. I've had to set the cross overs at the -3db setting and also turn my treble setting on the radio almost all the way off to get rid of the bright bite. The stock radio's specs say 22 watts/channel (which I think is MAYBE peak). My questions are: 1.will an external amp wake these speakers up more? If so what doeas nayone recomend. I'm really not getting much bass fron the 5.25's. 2:I also want to replace the rear door speakers and am thinking of the 6.5 mids for there. any comments on that? 3: the Escape came with a factory sub, which is a 6.5 no name stereo input speaker! (i know I wish it was an 8). What 6.5 inch sub can I use? I think the amp is 100 watt, am also thinking of replaceing the amp. any recomendations? Thanks, John
Post edited by jao on

Comments

• pimp88
    pimp88 Posts: 1
    edited September 2001
    Hey i got the dx3065's, they sound great but dont expect much bass from a 6.5" speaker. As for the amp, Kicker has a 40wx4ch amp for $300, and JL Audio makes an excellent 75wx4 amp but its $500+, but damn worth it. Get yourself a good subwoofer. The Polk/MOMO's are very nice but also quite expensive. A JL 10W0 sells for about $130 and will provide a supprising amount of thump. You can also get a JL 5channel amp since you've probably got the room for it, that will power your component sets and subs nicely. But that's gonna take a chunk outta your wallet.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2001
    I have the dx component system and i use a rockford 200 A4 amp and it sounds really good. I have it bridged and run 100 watts to each channel. The amp only cost $200 and is well worth it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing