Recommended rears to match RT8's and CS250-S

Options
bmacker
bmacker Posts: 18
edited December 2005 in Vintage Speakers
I posted this initially under the wrong section (technical/speakers) but couldn't figure out how to move it...

Anyway, I am looking at getting some 2nd hand Polk RT3's to match up with a pair of front RT8's and a CS250-S center for my home theatre but have a couple of other polk options as well but think these dual front ported ones may be more suitable.

So, what do people think of the RT3's as rears ?

I am using a Marantz SR-870 reciever.

Oh and a wee side issue is that second hand RT3's are a little hard to come by in New Zealand so if anyone has some available then I would love to hear from you.
Post edited by bmacker on

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Rt3...rt5
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bmacker
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Cheers styler, it is good to get some confirmation on my choices...main thing I liked with the RT3 was that it shares the same tweeter as my existing speakers (presume RT5 does as well).
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,089
    edited December 2005
    Options
    the RT5 is a more direct match to your mains.

The RT8 uses the same exact drivers actually, just a different enclosure.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bmacker
    edited December 2005
    Options
    Is it difficult to obtain the cabinet & crossover design drawings so that I could have a go at building some copies of RT5's ?? using my spares...